Amp load meter?

Discussion in 'Water, Fire, & Smoke Damage' started by Stevie Bs, Feb 28, 2017.

1. dgardner
    dgardner

Name:
    Dan Gardner
    How does street cred as a carpet cleaner count towards solving an electrical/instrumentation problem? Any idea what I do for a (day job) living?
    Hint: You could read my hot seat interview. Google (or at least the search function here) will help you in this case.

Another hint: If you search the AZ registrar of contractors and look for large corporate entities that have a C-11 license (commercial electrical contractor) and peruse the qualifying party for that license, you will find my name. Since 2002.

But chest-thumping doesn't prove knowledge. Telling everyone the answer does. Your turn. I'm done.
  2. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    I would be amazed if there is an answer.
    dgardner likes this.
  3. kmdineen
    kmdineen

Name:
    Kevin Dineen
    Turn off the breaker on the circuit you are plugging your equipment into and see what turns off? Then estimate the draw of the appliances on that circuit?
  4. dgardner
    dgardner

Name:
    Dan Gardner
    Sure. Although that wouldn't be measuring the current draw, it might come close enough for the intended use, to figure out approximately how much load you can add.

Quick and easy? Depends on your point of view, I suppose.

Just be sure not to kill your customers computer just before he hits save on the report he just spent 4 hours typing in.....
    Cleanworks and kmdineen like this.