Amtex Dragon 2.0 delivered

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
For your enjoyment and my masochistic tendencies, here is a video. My totally rebuilt, rewelded, repowdercoated, updated exhaust system, new welds, new gauges, new burner, has been delivered back to me. It's been a long time. Now what do I do?

Reactions: Able 1 and D Luke
Name
jack zerkie
Time will tell how HAPPY it will be after using it the first year or longer. Their all nice when their new but only time will tell. Iv'e heard about many happy owners with that unit. The build is good and so are some other units.Iv'e had great luck with my Cobb unit for the past 7 yrs no down time and Iv;e owned units that cost double the price.The truckmounts have greatly improved so that's a wonderful thing. jz.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Guys. If you aren't familiar with my Amtex story I'm not going to hash it all out again. I'll give you the Readers Digest version. I bought this machine a little over 4 years ago. I had a lot of issues with it. Ben had it shipped back to his shop and fixed everything and repowder coated it. He installed a new pump, diesel burner, my engine was stolen so he replaced it with a new one, replaced all the wires, exhaust, gauges, upgraded the pulleys, and numerous other things. He did all this at his cost. The only thing I paid for was the shipping home and I offered that since he was rebuilding my machine from the ground up. If I decide to sell it, it will only be after I test everything out to make sure it runs like it should. I can see right off that the changes he made are better. But it needs to be field tested to verify.

Here's a little unboxing video for @Mikey P and @hogjowl to enjoy.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I got her in and didn't kill myself or damage anything with the forklift. It's a miracle.

IMG_4991.JPG

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
If you are going to keep the old van I would think this would be a good back up or during busy season your Helper could run it for empty apartment cleaning...things like that.
I agree Bob. I was so scared when my tm or van would go down. I was extremely depressed and lost. I never want to be in that position again. I think I'm busy enough now to keep a second van running.

Bob, how are you doing? Keeping busy I hope.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Amazing what can happen when you vacuum and no one else around here does. Happy with where I am at almost 2 months. Thanks for asking.
That's great Bob. Low hanging fruit. It doesn't take much to be better than the next guy. It only takes one degree difference to change water into steam. Always give it that one degree difference.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
That's great Bob. Low hanging fruit. It doesn't take much to be better than the next guy. It only takes one degree difference to change water into steam. Always give it that one degree difference.
I go where most guys fear to tread. Hand out a few cards...do a few jobs then it's word of mouth...about the only way to reach these people.

Glad you're on the move Bob. I expected nothing less from you.
Thank you my friend.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I agree put it in your old van for a back up!! As they say you need two to run one, and three to run two. No matter how much maintenance you do something can and will happen. I don't like rescheduling anything because of a break down, it might have happened to four 4 jobs in 12 years.. I'm semi retiring one this year also.. It was my first, 12 years old, 130,000 miles no real problems just a rust bucket(truck mount is solid though)!!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've always liked the look of Bens machines. I'm not keen on oil fired units but I really like his Inferno 500 hx machine. I hear a lot of negative things about Amtex but his new machines look like they should perform well

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I've always liked the look of Bens machines. I'm not keen on oil fired units but I really like his Inferno 500 hx machine. I hear a lot of negative things about Amtex but his new machines look like they should perform well
Why don't you buy one and tell us how much you like it?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You never know, I just might. I know the problems he has had but I am sure he is improving his machines as he goes. There is no manufacturer who doesn't have problems, even the big guys, as evidenced by some of the posts on this board by guys having problems with their Prochems, sapphires, butlers, hydramasters, etc.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You never know, I just might. I know the problems he has had but I am sure he is improving his machines as he goes. There is no manufacturer who doesn't have problems, even the big guys, as evidenced by some of the posts on this board by guys having problems with their Prochems, sapphires, butlers, hydramasters, etc.
Whole different scale from the big boys to the garage builders. You are right none are perfect but damn if it won't feel like they are, once you experience the other end. :shifty:

Reactions: Nomad74

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
When a custom made part went bad, I'd get him to send another. The new part wouldn't fit because it wasn't the exact size and shape.

Picture my back against the wall bracing my legs as they're pushing the left exhaust heat exchanger forward so it'll help the new exhaust header pipe fit snug against the engine.

When any manufacturer uses components that are destined to fail under extreme heat, it's not because of any honest mistake. It's because of being too cheap to care enough about the business you sold it to.

Name
Swani
Guys. If you aren't familiar with my Amtex story I'm not going to hash it all out again. I'll give you the Readers Digest version. I bought this machine a little over 4 years ago. I had a lot of issues with it. Ben had it shipped back to his shop and fixed everything and repowder coated it. He installed a new pump, diesel burner, my engine was stolen so he replaced it with a new one, replaced all the wires, exhaust, gauges, upgraded the pulleys, and numerous other things. He did all this at his cost. The only thing I paid for was the shipping home and I offered that since he was rebuilding my machine from the ground up. If I decide to sell it, it will only be after I test everything out to make sure it runs like it should. I can see right off that the changes he made are better. But it needs to be field tested to verify.

Here's a little unboxing video for @Mikey P and @hogjowl to enjoy.

Glad you have your machine back! Keep us updated on the upgrades and how it works.

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom