and so it begins...

Name
John
Yes sir I'm small potatoes.... If u get all that equipment rented out that's around 50k a day.. Not in my league... I hoping to catch a couple 3k jobs

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The commercial one yesterday will probably be around 10k and the small one about 2k. Todays probably closer to 3500. Plus they had a commercial one Saturday for around 3k.

Its been a decent week so far. :biggrin:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They send us in at break. LOL

Ron its historically been a job they look forward to. BUT for me it just makes me feel old. My babies are freshman on campus this year. I mention how cute a girl is and the twins say they have her in a class. :eekk::errf::icon_neutral:

Reactions: dealtimeman

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea its a mountain to climb. Worse once I feel great about my numbers another month comes along and we start all over again. :errf:

I come in this morning and the On Call crew is already heading out to dry a wood floor. I helped load a couple of injectidry's and a couple of panel sets so they could get on the road.

10° and 20-mile an hour stiff North wind...its a beautiful day, unless you have to go outside. :dejection:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL

Yes Dan a million a year is a very bad year.

Hell 1.2 is a bad year. We were 1.4 this year which isn't great but closer to where we need to be.

I'm much more comfortable in the 1.6-1.8 range (5-6 years ago), we have the infrastructure and ability for that, we just to need to grow the sales back to those days.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Yes sir I'm small potatoes.... If u get all that equipment rented out that's around 50k a day.. Not in my league... I hoping to catch a couple 3k jobs

Hoping and praying! IF it hits it will hit tonight. at 12 degrees the pipes will freeze yet not thaw till Friday.... it's gonna be a fun ride this weekend!
Oddly we are beyond slammed with big jobs. We had a 3 level entire house job come in at 11:30pm last night and a 13k sf commercial job in this am. We also just got a large crawlspace full of sewage to contend with. The techs were playing rock paper scissors as to who had to be the lead on the sewage job! :lol:

Just made a call to Labor Ready and hired 5 guys.
I'm scared to death we are gonna get hit this weekend and all of our equipment will be out on jobs.....
Currently we have 78 dehus and 600+ fans available....

We should be able to burn and turn these if we can do 3 days dryouts and don't encounter too many glue down engineered floors.

Concerned about the labor projections right now but will do what I have to do...

Mikey P

Administrator
So these temp guys can do what?

Move furniture, carry in equipment, tear out carpet and pad, scratch themselves and what else?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Don't envy me too much, my break even is close to 90k a month. The month just started and the heat is on to get there. :frown:
I feel you. My monthly payroll is a little more than that. And the worst part it's not how much is billed, it's how much is collected
We do a flash report every monday and work the hell out of the adjusters to ensure we are paid on time
December all the adjusters hoarded checks! Fuckers!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Concerned about the labor projections right now but will do what I have to do...
Yea sewage, mold & fire can really be time consuming projects and eat up some serious labor.

The weather has been a struggle as far as health here also. I had 4-out Monday, two out yesterday & today sick. I figured tomorrow will be the big day.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
So these temp guys can do what?
Move furniture, carry in equipment, tear out carpet and pad, scratch themselves and what else?

demo flooring, carpet, pad, drywall, insulation. Haul trash ,Clean equipment, carry in equipment.
Theya re VERY effective for demo squads and leave our guys a little fresher. it's going to be a hell of a grind for the new 7-10 days. I'd rather physically burn out a Labor Ready guy than one of our employees.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I feel you. My monthly payroll is a little more than that. And the worst part it's not how much is billed, it's how much is collected
We do a flash report every monday and work the hell out of the adjusters to ensure we are paid on time
December all the adjusters hoarded checks! Fuckers!
Yea we have to keep on them too. I think I have 60 or 80K that should have been here a week ago , they said it was being cut but I've not seen it yet. Oh well that's how it goes sometimes.

Our overhead is heavier than I'd like. We own one too many buildings and also have some investment property that we need to sell because we will never do anything with it. We are such shrewd businessmen, buy high and sell low. :errf:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yeah but it sure feels good when you get over that break even point!
Yea it does. I think we are off to a great start, I hate it when a week goes buy and my sales are $1,500.00.
We also will finish up a 10k mold job this week and they deodorized a commercial business and did some emergency cleaning over the weekend so we could be at 35 for the first week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom