Anemometer

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Anyone know how to use one of these? This one specifically. I get it to cfms but when I blow into it - it reads in the thousands. Im guessing it has something to do with punching in the Area numbers. Which I have no idea what to punch in.

Ive sent a few messages to the company which does not have a phone number and the responses are vague and look computer generated based on my questions. Thanks !!

Proster.jpg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I bought one through Bristor he told me how to set it up years ago my main broke but ya there a funnel involved too!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
useless gEEk gadgets..cause moving 23.7899% more air doesn't equate to 12.63777% more recovery
or 47 minutes 16 seconds off of 14 hours, 39 minutes total dry time

Water used and recovery recorded is the only way to tell which system* is better

*there's more to the "system" than lector vacs and blower air movement
\Hoses, wands, carpet type and how one wands ...all add into the equation

and we're not sucking air
we're sucking up water, soap and dirt..which disrupts air flow
and makes that gEEk gadget numbers pretty much useless in reality

..L.T.A.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
useless gEEk gadgets..cause moving 23.7899% more air doesn't equate to 12.63777% more recovery

Water used and recovery recorded is the only way to tell which system* is better

..L.T.A.

I hear what youre saying .. a machine with less cfm n lift may recover more water due to many variables. But having a better starting point at the machine makes a difference. Like if you take the machine with better performance and side by side test with another that produces lower numbers on the same carpet with the same wand, same hose, same technique then you will realize the machine with the higher numbers will be the one you want.

For instance .. say we look at the numbers on a cars gas effiency .. my wifes Armada gets better gas milage than my Toyota Yaris did. She drives like a gramma and I drove like a bank robber. If she was looking to get the most miles per gallon then she would choose the Yaris based on the numbers.

So it would better to choose based on the numbers .. then if you want to maximize your performance, youd pair it up with the right hoses n wand that will give you the best results.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
that makes sense in theory, Pard'nr
but the reality is, the numbers add little to practical value .

they did a "porty shootout" at a Mikefest's years ago hosted by Mytee .
Ron "OCD" Warner was one of the dudes making sure things were played straight
with Ron's anal compulsive tendencies, I have little doubt things were measured and done as reasonably practical/possible

wasn't a dime's worth of difference in any of them

Matter of fact, one with the best numbers on paper (TruckForce porty??) was one of the poorest performers

if not mistaken, Ed's Recoil porty showed best.
though not much was made of that..mostly due to Mike's dogging of the Recoil at the time and Greenie (who was a gOOroo to a lot of knuckleheads here) was hawking Mytee crap he modified )
and the event was hosted by Mytee as well

didn't look good to tout other's (Ed's) products when Mytee was the board de jour porty manufacture at the time
(and junkazz Boss sprayers, pack following morons bought in droves ) :lol:

moral of that longazz post?
numbers on paper and gEEk gadgets don't have much practical value in real life/real working conditions

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Spurlington

SamIam

Name
sam miller

..L.T.A.

Pratically I agree, but on my 100 ft hose runs and using fans using 50 ft of 2.5 dropping down to 50 ft of 2 inch

With 8-12 flow wands I get better dry times then when I ran 6 flow wand with a straight 100 ft of 2 inch hose, no fans!

I know I have more cfm too!

I also know my lift is set at 13 for both and it I were to bump it to 15 I would get better dry times to!

But my butt is already kicked at 13 hg’s pushing a wand so why bother?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom