Another Success With The Cheetah Pads

Tile Nerd

Well we completed another 2 jobs with great success using the Cheetah Pads. We de-lipped, with 50 grit resin bonds, a 6" x 24" plank limetone and honed with the Cheetah "Step 1" pads. Looked great!

We also de-lipped another Terazzo with 120 metal and used the Cheetah System (Step 1 -4 & 11,000 monkey). Beautiful depth & clarity.

I call myself a stone guy, check out my website below. The marble on the first page was done with the Cheetah system. I will be posting pictures there of the Terazzo soon.

Dana, sent me the Cheetah's to test, even after I hammered the Monkey's when I tested them. Search this message board and you will find my posts. Mikey even suggested that I had a personal issue with Dana if I remember correctly. I warned Dana up front that I would be honest and I have been. I like them very much so far. The more I use them the better, the quicker and better results I'm getting.

Dana asked me to help him out and put on a demo at Cobb Carpet which I did. One of the guys there had a gloss meter. We read in the high 80's and low 90's on 2 of the marbles. I didn't play enough on the green serpantine because their were other tests being run there. Will it leave the floor as perfect as a good 5x. Probably not, but we're shaving hairs here. I could easily sell the 2 marbles we worked on there and the Travertine, of coarse. For some reason we needed to hit the gray marble with the 11,000 monkey dry but the orange marble wet. I'm not one for naming stones, or where they come from, or what they are made off. But if it works, it works.

Are they faster then resins and polishing powders? I don't know. They are definetly quick and easy and NO powders! That I like. I've got employees and turn over just like the next guy. The learning curve is quicker then polishing powders. Believe me, I will always keep my resin bond and powders on the van. I've simply added another tool to my tool box and right now they are my go to tool.

I haven't got the St Croix in my wharehouse to look the way I want, but I haven't hit it with a dry 11,000 monkey either. I'm sure I will get the results I want. If not, there's always 5x.

Tile Nerd

Mikey P said:
Good to hear!

I saw them in action and like you was very impressed.

I wish we could get Dana to MF.

I think having him at MF would be good for him too. I sent him a text about it.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The class that Wayne put on was definitely "hands on" as several customers tried different techniques on the 4 different stone surfaces.

This is a photo I took of the dark marble after "Cheetah" polishing:
blkmar.jpg

Good definition on the window reflection.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom