Another Tile question

JoeClean

Got a few more jobs under my belt and am feeling better about the results.

One question came up at a recent job. There were a few small areas where the grout was cracked or missing.
(I showed them before and was careful) Most was in good shape. What can I or the customer use to easily patch this up? Standard large kitchen tile with approx 1/4" grout line, natural color.
I looked in the hardware store but the easy to use stuff was for the narrower grout lines like in a bathroom and said things like no sand.

Thanks!

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I'm no expert but I think you would have to scrap/clean out the faulty area and re-grout with the matching grout. You can get hand tools to remove grout or I believe Dremel makes an attachment for this as well.

JoeClean

Any quick and easy grout available for small areas? Or do you have to mix your own from a big sack like your pouring concrete?

CrazyRay

Name
Ray Waits
I would check with Home Depot or Lowes. They have several colors of pre-mixed grout in standard caulking tubes. Very easy to use. Color may not be an exact match, but you should be able to find something close. Be sure to pre-qualify the job. Can't swear to it, but I think it comes in both sanded and non-sanded.

C-ray

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom