Any Butler owners with the new mid mount tank option?

F

FB7777

Tools, tools and more tools is causing me to reconsider Butlers new more compact tank configuration. Driving out there in a week to get a more hands on look before I pull the trigger

Not sure if I am going with the shelf option, will probably get it without and purchase individual storage items.

Anyone buy one yet?

And no Marty, I don't want to buy a Canadian CleanCo Contraption

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Driving out there in a week to get a more hands on look
Look forward to your report and if you decide to do a video... Would be good to get your opinion on compact configuration and whether you think giving up larger waste tank would be worth it. I've watched your Mikey Board Butler Tour video several times.

Reactions: todg and FB7777
F

FB7777

I have a 210 tank on my 2005 truck which I am keeping.

I'm replacing my 2000 Butler

Not sure if this is gonna be a Saigerized video tour. I'm a a pit stop on my way to pick up my son in New York

F

FB7777

That part blew me away! Quiet.
Also the temp just stayed pegged at 240 no matter what tool they were using.
But how quiet it was compared to the other machines that were running at the hotel was unexpected.
Glad people got to see for themselves,

Not only are Butlers reliable and quiet, they rival slide ins in heat and CFM

There's a reason why Butler owners keep coming back for their next units

J

JS41035

I saw the new water tank in Atlanta. I loved it.
I asked if they could still incorporate the overhead water supply reel. They weren't sure at that time. I'm sure they know by now. With butlers filter system I'm sure an APO would be reasonably trouble free. The demo van in Atlanta was a standard length. It still had a ton of room. I'm not sure of the purpose of the wheel well covers on the rear. Maybe to clean up the look ? Kudos to Butler for upgrading their design without making previous models look obsolete.

F

FB7777

Don't think I'd go for the overhead reel again, I have it on the 210 tank truck and the vac hose and garden hose tend to fight each other if it isn't wrapped perfectly. I'll just hook a couple 50 foot hoses in the back.

The shelves are very clean looking and really match the overall design. I think you are correct about the wheel covers , also offers support for the shelf.

Only weak link to the APO is the small impeller , just carry a couple on the truck and you're good.

Reactions: JS41035

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
You know, if y'all want more room in your van, get rid of the huge waste tank (210 gallons), and get a good APO; not to mention how much less weight you'll be hauling around during the time out cleaning. :stir:

I am using a 45 gallon recovery tank, that dumps at 30 gallons.

F

FB7777

Way to impractical here Bob

Just yesterday, $2 million home marble open foyer with dual staircase set back 50 feet from drive. Used 80 gallons of water

No way I'm running a waste hose into their house to dump in guest bath.

Dumping on lawns is not legal here

Some of my customers aren't on municipal sewer, no way I'm going to fill their leaching field

I pride myself on being totally self contained, my own onboard power , water and take the dirty water with us

Fred

PS kudos... that took guts to play in my thread:biggrin:

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
In that case, I see your point. We can discharge onto the lawn as long as it does not go toward any storm sewer drain.

I would never discharge into a customers commode - GROSS!!! We run a 5/8" garden hose into the flower beds. I have never killed anything growing there in all the time I have been using the APO.

Are you sure you are not able to discharge a mild, diluted cleaning solution onto the lawn?

Septic systems are also a no-no as the leach field can be compromised, just like you said.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
The 210 is one of the best features. I wish others would offer that.

APO is just not practical in may situations. Winter freezing weather sucks for apo's. Hauling CAT 3 waste water back to a sanitary makes more snse than pumping it back into a system that just had a problem
Never had an issue with winter here (Ohio) freezing the APO discharge hose, and we get below zero temps. Our APO will evacuate the APO hose so there is nothing in it to freeze after every cycle.

I agree, do not use APO with water extraction of a Cat 3.

Carry on...

F

FB7777

Are you sure you are not able to discharge a mild, diluted cleaning solution onto the lawn?

I'm not, I just assume .

I've heard customers complain about previous companies leaving their dirty water behind.

Just seems like a sleeping dragon... ruined flower beds, claims of damaged bushes, erosion from discharge flow etc

There's enough that can go wrong without leaving the customer a 'present' on their property.

Heck, three years ago when my house was painted I was annoyed that the guys cleaned their brushes and buckets on my lawn. Didn't mention it but it's a lousy moment of truth that is easily avoidable.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
F

FB7777

In that case, I see your point. We can discharge onto the lawn as long as it does not go toward any storm sewer drain.

I would never discharge into a customers commode - GROSS!!! We run a 5/8" garden hose into the flower beds. I have never killed anything growing there in all the time I have been using the APO.

Septic systems are also a no-no as the leach field can be compromised, just like you said.
Are you saying you have NEVER fielded a complaint bout on site waste water dumping?

Do you work in rural America only?

Working on a City Project right now where dumping would be IMPOSSIBLE.

It's not unusual either for us

hogjowl

Idiot™
IMG_0178.JPG
I don't care if you don't get a Cleanco, Fred. If I lived in Massachusetts, I'd probably buy aButler too. I could drive there for service. That alone would probably make up for the inconvenience of having to drive two Butlers to every job just to get all the tools there.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I use a apo's a lot on large commercial jobs. Usually route the discharge hose to larger planter areas. Rarely have the opportunity to have it discharge into a sanitary sewer. Even 210 is not enough on some jobs. Very helpful in cold areas though.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Are you saying you have NEVER fielded a complaint bout on site waste water dumping?

Do you work in rural America only?

Working on a City Project right now where dumping would be IMPOSSIBLE.

It's not unusual either for us
We work within the city suburbs for most of our jobs, of just under 500,000, and have never had any problems. We have not fielded any complaints as we are not harming anything. Our discharge is not a "gusher"; it is subtle.

I agree some jobs would not be do-able for an APO, but seeing as how I am not doing any of those jobs anymore because I have become particular on what jobs I will do, it is not a problem for me.

Reactions: FB7777
F

FB7777

View attachment 70212 I don't care if you don't get a Cleanco, Fred. If I lived in Massachusetts, I'd probably buy aButler too. I could drive there for service. That alone would probably make up for the inconvenience of having to drive two Butlers to every job just to get all the tools there.
Holy sheet

That's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! That's an extended van though correct?

Love the shelves, just need a couple hangers for extra hose

F

FB7777

Yeah?

I happen to like the rear facing shelf that mounts behind the fresh tank on the conventional set up\

The mid mount is too wide IMO

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Never had an issue with winter here (Ohio) freezing the APO discharge hose, and we get below zero temps. Our APO will evacuate the APO hose so there is nothing in it to freeze after every cycle.

I agree, do not use APO with water extraction of a Cat 3.

Carry on...
Its the liability for the ice slick that is created by the discharging of waste water I'd have concerns with. More so than my hose freezing up.

F

FB7777

Guy with a box truck cleans a local Olive Garden every 3-4 weeks and dumps the water down the parking lot

Creates a nice ice slick

On warmer days it reaches the storm drain

Discharging water onsite is a bad idea period.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Its the liability for the ice slick that is created by the discharging of waste water I'd have concerns with. More so than my hose freezing up.
Ice slick in their flower beds?

We cannot discharge any waste water toward the road/street or storm drain - period.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom