Any ideas what i should quote ..

Buzzbac

Any ideas what i should quote for a 500 metre restaurant carpet clean???

Am new at commercial, and want to try to pitch the price at reasonable rate not cheap....

Advise would be welcome.

Thanks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
500 meters?

appx 5000 sq ft

You moving the table and chairs around too I s'pose

Donno about Merry Ole England, but across the pond in my hood, it's pretty tough to get much more than .12 to .15 cent a sq ft for that size joint

..L.T.A.

Buzzbac

Appreciate the assist guys , thanks.

I owe I owe its off to work i go..............

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
BTW, i should mention, Buzz, the average Joe CC'r in my area do those size joints for 1/2 of what they're worth.

There's outfits that work all night in the restaurant game doing .06 to 09 cent a ft

..L.T.A.

Buzzbac

6c times 500 mtres = $300 US or £150 GBP .... i get that fer doin a 3 bed house with stairs and living and dining room total 150 metres............

i wont be doin 6c thats a nap!

Thanks meAT

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Re: price

packfancjh said:
Anything under .18 cents isn't even worth getting out of the van for.

I'd say it depends more on your productions rates than sf price.

a crew that can mash out 1000sf an hour grosses $120 an hour @.12sf

I don't about "your' numbers, but we can make a profit at a buck twenty an hour

..L.T.A.

TimP

120 an hour for a crew don't sound too good to me. I'd say you'd want to look for 200 an hour for 2 men. When you take into account over head gas insurance etc. You for sure take a good bit less to your paycheck. For commercial I wouldn't take less than 150 for 2 men. Why leave money on the table is the way I see it.

GRHeacock

Another factor is- do they move tables and chairs, or do you- or clean around them? Either way, get it in writing before giving a price, because this affects your time on the job.

If you move tables and chairs, how far to move them to be efficient?

My answer to this is- only their own width plus 1 foot for overlap. Not all to one end, then clean half, move them to the other end, clean the second half, then back in their original position. That is very inefficient.

If the tables are on legs, first vacuum the aisles, then move tables with chairs into the aisles, vac and clean where the tables sit, replace the tables, and tab the legs.

If the tables have a solid round base, don't move the tables, just the chairs. There will be nothing under the solid round base.

As to price, that can only be your decision. Ask them what they have been paying, then decide whether you can do it for the same, less, or more.

Gary

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
TimP said:
120 an hour for a crew don't sound too good to me. I'd say you'd want to look for 200 an hour for 2 men. When you take into account over head gas insurance etc. You for sure take a good bit less to your paycheck. For commercial I wouldn't take less than 150 for 2 men. Why leave money on the table is the way I see it.

i don't disagree with you, Tim
Mo-money is always way gooder.

But the reality of keeping 2 full time guys busy year round dictates that the van can't "always" operate at the highest profit margins.
I'm not an "ICS" cleaner nor a Mikey's board "highroller" like some of my friends

I'll put the truck on the road all day for a buck twenty an hour rather than LOSE money having it sit in the drive.

know what I mean??

...L.T.A.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
meAt said:
I'll put the truck on the road all day for a buck twenty an hour rather than LOSE money having it sit in the drive.

...L.T.A.

Thank You!!

Listening to some people on the boards you would think that you can only lose money by not charging enough they fail to realize that you lose even more by having the van not move for the day.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying low balling or losing money is good cause it's not but if you're an o/o with very little reserve cash or you have employees to pay then a little cash flow is better than no cash flow.

duckster

In my area 12-15 cents sqft. And we use chemicals that would eat grease off an engine. They get what they pay for. I know who locally sells the guys that do those jobs the chemical and I have it for the worse jobs. But they are careful to put lots of cheap rinse in with the Hot Water to bring the ph into a safe zone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom