Anybody read, How to sell at margins? What do YOU say before giving a price???

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Pretty sure someone recommended this book on here(thanks). It's very helpful for someone not familiar with actual "sales" or being a sales person. Very useful...

One of the most interesting things I've read so far is "basically anything you say before giving a price(to custy) is an excuse to charge what you are asking for. Means you feel your price is too high...

I know I've told many a custy they have a lot of carpet before giving a price. Not good. Now I'll simply say "ms smith you have XXX worth of carpet cleaning". Done...

How to sell at margins higher than your competitors
(Lawerence Steinmetz)

Inviting Customers to Beat You Up on Price There are two things that we’ve previously identified and discussed that salespeople do that invite and encourage people to beat them up on price. One is what we call wowing. Wowing occurs when salespeople communicate somehow, someway to their customers that they believe that their own prices are too high. If you communicate that to your prospect, you can bet that person is going to hammer you on your price. Almost all salespeople wow to varying degrees. And all of us do at times. But good salespeople break themselves of this habit very, very quickly.

Wowing may be the very simple, seemingly innocent, innocuous things that you say that sound like this: “Are you sitting down?” What kind of a foolish statement is that? You just called on this prospect. He’s sitting behind his desk. He has just asked you the price, and you say, “Are you sitting down?” Or “Better buckle your seat belt before I lay this price on you.” Or “Man, can you believe these prices?” Or “Think $200 would be too much?” Or “I don’t suppose you would want to pay $200, would you?” Or “How do you feel about $200?” Or “How’s $200 sound to you?” Or “How’s $200 grab you?” And, of course, let’s not lose sight of one of the most popular sales lines of all: “Ain’t it a crime the price they charge for this stuff nowadays?” Think about that. “They” is you, isn’t it?

If you say any of these things to your prospect, you have clearly signaled that you, personally, feel your own price is too high.
When prospects believe that you feel your price is high, guess what? They are going to beat on you like a drum because you have told them: “I sell this stuff, and even I think the price is too high. Nobody in their right mind would pay that much money.”

Name
Nate W.
Well Fook me Mrs. Smith, Imma go broke giving you this good of a deal.... Normally gets a plate lunch and tip outta her....:lol:

Reactions: Able 1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom