Anyone use Thumbtack?

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Has anyone had luck using Thumbtack to get leads/jobs? Just curious if it's a scam or legit.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I have booked a few decent jobs off Thumbtack.

In general, very, very poor lead quality, sometimes bordering on the ridiculous, or possibly even BS.

IRRegardless if I plan to be active in such a service or not, if they are a legit major player, I always sign up and fully complete my profile.

It's mostly "pay to play" per lead and pretty cheap, but customers can also contact you direct if they choose, at least they used to be able to do so.

The less competitors in your area subscribing to the service, the better chance you may have.

They usually start you out with free credits if your a new subscriber, and a phone app to track leads and offers.

If you want to test the waters, the app will tell you if any competitors have submitted a bid on any lead that you have also been offered, and how many.

This might give you some insight into the number of competitors in your area.

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
They are for real...If you advertise with Google they compete for your click and raise the rate you pay per click...Thumbtack gets 5 quotes to the client who is looking for the "cheapest" in most cases...Type in search engine your city name and what you do and see what happens...home advisor is another...

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
sign up as a homeowner looking for carpet cleaning. You'll see who's in your backyard real quick. Waste their money not yours.

hydracat

I get leads from them daily. I have 3 jobs lined up next week that all came in the same day. I find the more I explain in the bid, describing what I do and why I do it the more likely they are to contact me. Most tell me they chose me because of great reviews.

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Nate W.
I hope to be like Boyle... Invest good so your not that sorry bastard working till you soopa old...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom