Anyone using Lamanator Plus or Wood Solv?

lmspeir

Any of you guys using any of these wood floor restoration products? Do they work okay? How are you charging? Would you recommend focusing on this segment?

Thanks for all input and opinions.

Larry

Larry Speir

Magic Al

I used the Wood Solv system on my own wood floors just to test out the system. It worked just fine.

We are about to jump into it, BUT are evaluating Bona and Basic Coatings as well. Those companies have much more experience. And Bona has a large consumer recognition value.

Here's the downside to the Wood Solv system. Once you mix Part A and Part B, that's it. So if you only have say 500 sq. ft., you have just wasted 1/2 a gallon (at around $100 a gallon), unless you plan to use it on another job in a day or so.

The downside to the Bona system is that you have to use their purple pads. I don't know the cost, but every time you get locked into to something, it is always more expensive.

The Basic Coatings system is also 2 part. However, it can be re-activated months down the road, so there is no waste.

Please respond with what your choice has been, as I am looking at the Surtec system as well, which seems to have a minimum of dust. Since we are in the dustless stone restoration business, the idea of dustless wood restoration seems like a natural.

Also, what are you doing to market this?

Thanks,

Al

matt sheppard

ive used the bridgepoint wood resto product and its worked really well for me. easy to use very low odor and great results. u can put down 2 coats of finish in half a day no problem. free instructional dvd with it. easy money at 1.25-1.50 sf.

matt

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom