Anything I can use to buffer ph without buying buff all.

How would you reduce the ph or buffer it for cleaning rug fringe etc with sodium percarbonate? I know I can buy buff all, but I was just checking to see if I can use something already on my truck.

rhyde said:
not sure how far you want to drop the pH. ..baking soda will bring the pH. down but why ?

I have some rug fringe I need to clean, and I am going to mix up some sp and lower the ph with buff all. I was checking to see if someone had a trick to lower ph. I could use some haitian cotton shampoo with sp. I think that will do the trick.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
errrmmmm.... why would you mix an acid with an alkaline ? Are you trying to correct browning, or just trying to bleach the fringe whiter?

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
errrmmmm.... why would you mix an acid with an alkaline ? Are you trying to correct browning, or just trying to bleach the fringe whiter?

No I am not correcting browning. I just want to clean and brighten the fringe. Normally I just use a neutral shampoo and a hand brush to groom it in and rinse out, but I thought I would try mixing up some sodium percarbonate to brighten the fringe but to prevent browning I want to lower the ph hence the buff all.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Don't waste your time with the sodium Percarbonate.. all you will end up doing is rotting out can causing future damage to the fringe. Clean with your neutral shampoo.. Rinse.. use an acetic acid as a folluw up spray and extract. And if it needs brigtening.. throw some H2O2 3% solution and dry the fringe in the sun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom