Apples for Apples Benchmarking

Expert

Hello gentlemen (and ladies?),
I have not done any chatting in your forums. I trust you will still receive this well. I understand this is bold of me!
I am working on a large business assessment for my company (MBA project) and need to first assess the industry. Most of what I see from Cleanfax assessments are weak financial reports. Also, over 90% of the guys in our business (residential carpet and floor cleaning) are single truck owner/operators. I know you one truck guys are much more profitable than I am running 3-4 trucks.
I would love to hear from a few of you who run 3-8 trucks. I will share with you my findings and my entire assessment if you are willing to give me a few numbers. I have been running 3-4 truck for 10 years now and am having trouble with expansion(Thus the assessment). Please PM me or e-mail me if you prefer. Thanks for your consideration.

I am interested in all or any part of these financials:
Gross Revenue
Fixed Expense
Variable Expense (COGS)
Average production/day/van
1 or two man trucks
Average job size
Average hourly revenue
% repeat work
Cost of customer retention
Cost of new customer

Reactions: Mikey P

FredC

Village Idiot
Just an FYI.
Despite the "nigerian Prince" style of the above post :lol:...... Jim/Expert does run an established multi-truck operation in the LBC......and it sounds like an interesting project

Expert

You're right about getting the homework done, but I sincerely want to find out if others my size work as hard as we do only to put 10-15 cents of every dollar in the savings account? Especially those other princes in Nigeria!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Few people know industry benchmarks. Chuck Violand being the first to come to mind. He has so many clients and their data that he could tell you all you want to know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom