aqua helix

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I can make you a deal if you want one or two. They work for saturated carpet as a quick reduction in volume.
If you're trying to dry pad I'd suggest a Rover.
If you're drying a pad, throw the pad away, unless it's new carpet on a slab CAT1 job. Anything different, ditch the pad

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
You're half right. If there isn't anything wrong with it then why toss it. Once extracted it will dry with the carpet, not taking much longer. The key is thorough extraction, which even if you were tossing the pad you'd want decent extraction if you're carrying it out.
I agree, because I hate carrying out pads that are dripping

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ask Nate what he is using. He buys everything for rugs. He bought a Rover to extract rugs but I never heard if it was working better than his Zippers.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The Rover would be too much work. I am thinking of putting a wash pit in the shop but getting the water out is a lot of work. I have a rug sucker knock off that I made for my own personal use (don't get mad at me, I'm not selling them) and it works pretty good. I'm thinking of purchasing the real ones but it is a lot of work rolling wet rugs around them and sealing off the tube. I was hoping the the Aqua Helix would work better than a wand or Zipper. Nate, What are you using?

Name
Nate W.
I bought the "Rug Sucker" after hearing the stellar reviews on it.... Would you like to buy it from me? I bought 2 sets... It isn't something to write home about.... I still haven't tried it on a Dhurrie or flat weave, but for everything else it takes too long for my type of extraction.... I use my TM to extract pit washed rugs, electric units just don't cut it for me... WorkMaster Electric TM, Flood King, Portables, even with a vacuum booster connected the TM is faster and I'm not having to worry about fringe browning... Even after 30 mins of the RS, you still need to extract the rug.... Maybe I'm using it wrong, I don't have facebook to join their RS Group... Even if you unroll the rug slowly with the RS going, it still takes longer imho... And that's with using my TM hooked up to it also...

Hell I even bought a Steamin Demon for extracting pit washed rugs are reading @Harry Myers talk it up.... That didn't work for me either... Water Claw is too damn slow also... You can watch paint dry faster...lol

My pops tells me I'm impatient, I do agree with him... I've haven't used the Aqua Helix, I remember people giving @John Olson sh!t about him selling and pushing it... I believe there's better ways of extraction with the Zipper jr or Drieaz Rover... I do the front going with the lay of the nap on rugs, on the backside I go both ways if it doesn't bunch up... The Zipper Will be faster than just a wand... The Rover pulls the most moisture out of the rugs imho... It does takes some getting used too... I use my 13" Zipper jr when I need it...

My next move will probably be a Mor Rinse Roller... My thoughts is that it's more versatile over a centrifuge... You can't put a bleeder through centrifuge... Production seems to be faster with a "flat bed" wringer... I have no first hand knowledge on either machine, I gather and observe from videos I see....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I bought the "Rug Sucker" after hearing the stellar reviews on it.... Would you like to buy it from me? I bought 2 sets... It isn't something to write home about.... I still haven't tried it on a Dhurrie or flat weave, but for everything else it takes too long for my type of extraction.... I use my TM to extract pit washed rugs, electric units just don't cut it for me... WorkMaster Electric TM, Flood King, Portables, even with a vacuum booster connected the TM is faster and I'm not having to worry about fringe browning... Even after 30 mins of the RS, you still need to extract the rug.... Maybe I'm using it wrong, I don't have facebook to join their RS Group... Even if you unroll the rug slowly with the RS going, it still takes longer imho... And that's with using my TM hooked up to it also...

Hell I even bought a Steamin Demon for extracting pit washed rugs are reading @Harry Myers talk it up.... That didn't work for me either... Water Claw is too damn slow also... You can watch paint dry faster...lol

My pops tells me I'm impatient, I do agree with him... I've haven't used the Aqua Helix, I remember people giving @John Olson sh!t about him selling and pushing it... I believe there's better ways of extraction with the Zipper jr or Drieaz Rover... I do the front going with the lay of the nap on rugs, on the backside I go both ways if it doesn't bunch up... The Zipper Will be faster than just a wand... The Rover pulls the most moisture out of the rugs imho... It does takes some getting used too... I use my 13" Zipper jr when I need it...

My next move will probably be a Mor Rinse Roller... My thoughts is that it's more versatile over a centrifuge... You can't put a bleeder through centrifuge... Production seems to be faster with a "flat bed" wringer... I have no first hand knowledge on either machine, I gather and observe from videos I see....
The Zipper works ok, better than a wand but the Aqua helix works more like a water claw, except you can drag it back slowly and watch the water in the window. The rug sucker I only use when dealing with urine soaked tufted rugs. It is slow but very effective.

Name
Nate W.
Say the contains are only worth $20 USD.... It'll save @Cleanworks some coin on duties.... lmao... My friend in Toronto made me do that on a pair of $180.00 Nike shoes...

John Otero

Name
Johnny O
I was very impressed with the Aqua Helix. It actually pulls out more water than the water claw. However, it doesn't not work on commercial grade carpet, it needs to have pad underneath the carpet. This is great for water mitigation jobs and when using the Unleashed pet stain and odor remover.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Saw videos of it not impressed. As you drag it across the carpet it lifts it up and only extracts the carpet and not the pad underneath.

John Otero

Name
Johnny O
Jimmy there is a difference of watching the Aqua Helix on a video and using the Aqua Helix, the reason I say that is because I thought the same thing BEFORE I actually used the tool. Plus Prochem has a table where you can see underneath the table showing the water being extracted from the carpet and pad. Pretty impressive.
Being in the industry 27 years I was impressed. When you get a chance you should try it one day.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
A bit awkward and can be a workout over the stand on extactors that use your weight to compress and release the water.

If you're serious about saving pad, a ride on extractor is going to be your most effective tool.

IMG_20170330_170505_444.jpg

Name
Nate W.
Waterclaw is too damn slow for WDR, even the Aqua Helix is a turd too compared to a Rover... Hell the Styker would be easier to push and pull over the AH... You can't use a waterclaw on CGD either.. Either continue using a wand or get a rover, either way your paying for it if you don't...

I don't have much time in this world, get the stuff that makes it easier for you... Fook the bullshit..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom