Aquamix Enrich and Seal removal

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I have to look at 1000 sq ft of new install with this on it for 10 days. They are complaining of "greasy" residue on tile. Is this the same as Miracle Seal and Enrich?

Over the years, I have taken off dozens of improper coatings. Has anyone dealt specifically with this product?

I cannot recall this product in specific. I carry 5-6 different strippers on the truck as well as pads, brushes, etc.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I would call custom tomorrow and ask technical how to break it down.

I called them on how to remove there color seal but they told me it couldn't be removed. We removed all of it.

Let us know what they tell you.

Last edited:
Name
cameron demille
Acetone and lacquer thinner will remove some of the residue, it's pretty greasy stuff. You have to really scrub to get the excess off, and I would never use it on a floor.

Klenztone #3 (Ammonium Biflouride) or Prosoco Wax & Cure remover would likely remove all of it.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
The 2nd part of it talks about letting dwell for 2 hours :oldrolleyes:

The main ingredient in the Aquamix sealer remover is 2-Butoxyethanol.

A rather common ingredient in most removers and cleaners. The pH of the Aqua remover is much lower than I thought it would be - 4.5-5.5.

We will find out tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
when we removed their(aquaseal-custom)color seal we let it dwell almost 4 hours. applied gel stripper covered with plastic and keep moving by the tine we were done applying the stripper,we went back and wet all of it with floor stripper to make sure it wouldn't dry out.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
need to find out exactly how much product was used on how much sq.

depends on what your trying to remve it from? travertine/ straight edge, or is it castle install? marble, slate??

execellent product in right hands for the right stone for desired results

stone finish type ?? and thickness will determine whether you can remove mechanically

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
need to find out exactly how much product was used on how much sq.

depends on what your trying to remve it from? travertine/ straight edge, or is it castle install? marble, slate??

execellent product in right hands for the right stone for desired results

stone finish type ?? and thickness will determine whether you can remove mechanically

Porcelain tile - that's why they have issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
have you taken a few chems over to do spot test?

did you call custom?

Not yet. Tomorrow.

Custom is the one that put that spec sheet that I posted the link to earlier.

I have some degreaser that we use on concrete that has the same main ingredient as the Aqua remover.

Although I like the abrasive idea mentioned earlier.

Name
cameron demille
Good idea. I only have 2 bottles for 1000 sq ft :sly:

A toweltard.

We just squirt squigly lines on the floor, then use the water/cleaner in the tank. It might last you. We can overnight it too. Make the customer pay for it. unless Rob has someone near you.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Wow - what a mess. I should have taken pictures, but I only shot a few of some of the grout issues.

He actually did a good job putting it on the grout. Problem is he smeared onto the ceramic tile and then let it dry (problem #1). Hardened in distinct droplets/areas around the grout lines themselves. He then applied Kleenstrip gel all over the floor to take it off the areas that it had hardened. This left quite the residue because it did not remove (extraction or a million towel method) - (problem #2). He had at least 2 other companies come over and put who knows what on the floor trying to get it off. (problem #3)

First step - apply solvent based sealer stripper (miracle product) on floor and scrub with brush and black pad. vacuum up.
Second step - apply a stripper degreaser combo and let sit. Scrub with brush and pad.
Third step - apply the stone scrub. Wish I would have had more. Scrub with brush and pad.
Forth step - vac off, then turbo the tile/grout.
Fifth step - dry buff with acetone spray
Sixth step - spot clean/remove thick spots with the miracle stripper, kleenstrip, and acetone. Razor blades, black pads, brown pads, etc were used in this process.
Seventh step - final dry buff with acetone spray.
Eight step - get check and go home.

900 sq ft - almost 6 hours from pull up to pull out. Machine time 1 hour.

Thanks for input guys - put some of them to use. Floor was like brand new when we left :clap: except for some whiting in the grout lines from some sealer not being in grout lines. We were hired to get it off the tile as was a severe slip hazard for everyone. Would not have done the job if we would have been asked to get out of grout lines. It would have been impossible since it was an enhancer and darkened the grout quite a bit.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
What do you normally charge for coating removal?

We charge from 3.50 to 15.00 a square foot depending what we are removing and how long it will take.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
If I would get a bad one, I would go for my paver sealer remover, Dad's. And tell them to move out for a couple of days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom