Aquamix penetrating sealer-Is it really?

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
I checked out a Travertine the other day with a wax like coating on it. The grout was fine. I poured some water on the stone part and it beaded with no penetration. The homeowner showed me a spare piece that had a satin finish on it. It was visibly different and appeared to be in it's more natural no-coat state. I tested that piece and it began to darken so I know there is a some sort of coating on the other one. I spoke with the installer and he said he used the Aquamix prior to the installation as a way for the clean-up / grout release. He swears it was a penetrating sealer. This is the second one I've seen in the last two months.

The coating / sealer looks incredibly durable. No visible scratch marks or wear patterns. Will I open Pandora's box if I clean it using a Turbo? The only thing I can think of is that the Aquamix must have a ton of acrylic in it.

Name
George Valliant
Aquamix is rediculously difficult to remove.

I was playing with that stuff last year (at a custy house) and dripped some drops where it didn't belong. OMG! what a nightmare it was trying to remove.

I tried everything including; acid, HIGH PH, Stripper, razor blade, red pad, green pad, acetone, pumice stone, alcohol, re-activating with more Aquamix.... It was insane! Nothing would touch it.

The only thing i could find that to remove it was a product called Graffitti Remover. It was a really fine pumice paste. Also, the manufacturer said that Soft Scrub would remove it also.

With that in mind i would just give a quick test. If no problems, rock-n-roll.

C

clean image

all I gotta say,

don,t get in over your head

this isn,t ceramic

what if you do chemically remove, if you can, what if custy dosn't like YOUR finished result?

more than likely, it will need some sort of overall refinishing, depend on custy desired end result

carl

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Sorry, I wasn't bashing Aquamix.. rather seems alot of retailers that have stuff don't know the correct usage. And I guess the people have had pretty good luck working with their product TECH support.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom