Are carpets on the rise or decline?

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I see less carpets in residential and and more hard surface floors.

Are carpets on the rise or decline?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
10 years ago they were in decline. I believe in most new homes they have hit rock bottom. Bed rooms and maybe the family room.

Wood, tile, laminates with area rugs is now the norm here.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
According to Floor Covering News...

Commercial:
"The commercial carpet segment outperformed residential for the second year in a row, on the order of 1.5% to 2%."

Residential:
"The residential segment continues to operate as a bifurcated market, with the high end (above $10 a square yard) and commodity end ($5 and below) doing well. Comparatively, the middle ground—particularly in the $6–$10 price range, did not fare as well."

Here's a link to the source article. http://www.fcnews.net/2016/06/carpet-category-maintains-dominant-market-position

Screen-Shot-2016-06-28-at-11.37.19-AM.png

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
bi·fur·cate
verb
past tense: bifurcated; past participle: bifurcated
ˈbīfərˌkāt/
  1. divide into two branches or forks.

"high end" carpet is $10 a yard?

L.T.A.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Chris A

Name
Chris
Maybe they meant square foot? Cheapest shit poly I've seen at pro source is $.89/sf so that would be $8/yd

Mark Von*Lay

Name
Mark
still plenty of it in my areas
Yes sir.......but my mission if it's a floor....I need to know...who what when where why and how....been checking out repair ..installation...stretching.. just gots-ta hasta know,,And I tell everyone I meet why carpet in my opinion is better.... and facts.... how it traps airborne particles that settle.... I personally will never be without my beloved Carpet not to mention sound proofing to a degree and insulation properties.

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Poly has ruined carpet sales. More money to be made in selling hard surfaces is my guess.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Not much residential carpet in SW Fla. my house the 2 guest rooms have carpet and that's about it. Making very good money on tile cleaning though.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom