Are you a sole Prop, S-corp or other?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
No franchise here though it may be in our future~ as the Franchisor, not ee

Sub Chapter S status provides the legal protection of C Corp status, while avoiding the risk of double taxation that C can invoke on shareholder/owners. All the profits are taxed at the individual level vs potentially twice in a C Corp where the corporation is taxed then the shareholders are taxed if distributions are made.

TimP

S-corp here.....only reason I did is because the in-laws set up that way and said it was best. Plus in Florida you have to be set up as LLC or corporation to be workers comp exempt legaly.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Our properties are all LLC's but the operating bus S. In MI in can be a little problematic having an operating bus be an LLC. I don;t recall exactly the reason but that's wht our CPA advised.

Mikey P

Administrator
MIKEYSBOARD.COM LLC will go into effect by the end of the week.

Some BD manufacturer will take me to court for slander and loss of revenue, just you watch.

Rex Tyus

TimP said:
S-corp here.....only reason I did is because the in-laws set up that way and said it was best. Plus in Florida you have to be set up as LLC or corporation to be workers comp exempt legaly.

It probably is best. However the Worker's comp rule does not apply to non construction industries like carpet cleaning. However instalation and repair are classified as construction.

I am currently sole proprietor. Stongly considering incorporating (considering it for the last 8 years that is).

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
S-corp here. Flexible, some liability protection, pass through on taxation, savings on a portion of the FICA tax. Also, a much lower audit profile.

TimP

I do installation at times, and have done tear out etc. I needed it to do all the things I do legally. I don't know if the cleaning or service industry is exempt or not. But I'd rather be safe than sorry, also the corporation blanket is nice to know that you have some protection over your personal property.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Started as a sole proprietorship, moved to an LLC Sole Proprietorship after my 1st year back in the biz and now an LLC operating as an S-Corp. Only started as a sole proprietorship because I planned on keeping this thing small and part time. Now going full steam ahead and hanging on for the ride some days.

Mark Saiger

Back
Top Bottom