Are You a Veteran of United States Armed Forces

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
I was in the Navy USN from 82-86 USS COOK FF1083 and I noticed I get a lot of work and respect from people when they find out. Military folks get discounts from me as well. We have a lot of Air Force folks here in Las Vegas, NV. Anyone else have similar experiences?

I also suggest a "military logo designation" in our profile (maybe by our avatar) to signify our accomplishment to serving our country! I may be addressing someone here by "Sir" or "Mam" real fast...

I also let people know that I wouldn't be here in my own business if it wasn't for the USN teaching me all the big words in life like reliability, responsibility, dependability, and more.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thank you!

The Air Force was huge here when Forbes Field was a military base but that was when I was a kid. The army base Fort Riley is an hour away from us. We just don't see many active but now and then run across a few retired military.

No military other than my upbringing. My father was a drill Sargent and I was drafted into the Chavez Army. :biggrin:

Reactions: todg

steve_64

83 to 86 RA

Ft Riley was my first permanent duty station.

I talk about it occasionally with customers when I see the pictures of them in uniform or their spouses.

steve_64

I feel that way too Ofer. A couple months if how to take care of yourself. Learn some respect and other life tools like how to get along with others.

From there a choice of learning a trade for more time of service to your country

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I miss the coffee and robbing pistachios out of the galley. Took 'em long enough to figure out who was doing it.

Now I get paid not to drink their coffee or eat their pistachios.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The Military in Canada is often overlooked and forgotten but we do have people serving overseas in every conflict around the world. We are not always on the front lines but do provide a lot of back up in supplies, intelligence, coordination and other aspects. Because, we have such a small military impact in the media and peoples minds I have not marketed to them. My family has a Military history, my grandfather fought overseas in France and Germany and one of my uncles served in the Airforce. I just got some of my grandfathers medals from my sister and it started me thinking of not just the vets from ww2, Korea and Vietnam but also all of our current vets who have served in the former Yugoslavia, Africa and the Middle East. One of my customers is the Royal Canadian Legion and we do give them a substantial discount. Time to look for more opportunities in the future. Feb 22 is coming soon, are we going to do it again?

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
USNR from 1982-1988. I live in an area that has an Air Force base, and there are lots of active and retired military.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom