are you setting air srubbers on every job??

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
There are no standards in our industry, there is only Due Diligence. IICRC S500 third edition page 310, definitions. WD is still one big gray area.
You can not have a standard procedure for a undetermined situation such as cat I, II or III. When or what exactly determines when a loss is or becomes cat I, II or III? Different situations require different methods and equipment to safely return a structure to a pre loss condition as cost effectively as possible.
Ankle deep in human feces is a cat III but when clean water. cat I. touches ANY building material it MAY or May Not become a cat II or if left for a undetermined amount of time it MAY or MAY NOT become a cat III. It is up to the restorer to make the determination based on Due Diligence. At the end of the day it is the restorers opinion vs the opinion of who ever is paying the bill as to whether the charge is justified. The more documentation the better. Especially if a third party is brought in to the situation.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
The IICRC also states that it is NOT MANDATORY to replace carpet or pad on a cat III loss. Third Edition S500 page 202, definitions page 310, (should).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom