Associations

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I believe Tony and his wife are taking an exotic vacation driving through the Rockies to see the canyons in Utah.
It's just like Barbados though - with the poor cell coverage and all.

Biondom

Supportive Member
Name
Noel McMonster

Update: here's a video Joe recorded on his way to the council meeting. He didn't record a recap on the way home because it was dark out, but he'll be putting something together to follow up on how the conversation went soon. He did say that the council as a whole was very interested to hear what people had said about associations following our video from a few weeks ago.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The IICRCA (Council of Associations) meeting went exceptionally well. Smart people, no agendas.

#1 - We've hired our own Executive Director, so his time can't be stolen by the management firm he really works for. Maury Astley is very experienced and is moving very quickly get us past the start-up stage. He's the youngest 70-something I've met lately.

#2 - We've completed a benefits package for the Certified Firms. We're going to fund a scholarship account to help pay for taking IICRC approved courses. This is built along the lines of the World Floor scholarship that pays a percentage of fees until the funds are gone. The account will have funds replenished at certain dates.

#3 - We have a certified professional event planner that has worked out the agreement to work with RIA and more than double the size of their May (6-8) show and with ISSA to share dates and trade show passes for their October show. We can't go into too much detail until more agreements are signed, but the exhibitors continue to come up with ideas that will make this show unlike anything seen before in any industry show.

#4 - We're working on a major website/social-media-push platform that will be run by in-house employees and will allow us to connect with the industry... and will look like a million bucks. Joe McMonster is taking the lead on this. (No, there's no bulletin board.)

#5 - Our association software will allow us to help our partner associations by sharing the resources that allow us to automate many functions that now require duplication of staff, saving expenses so their money can do more for their members.

This is the spirit of the original Connections, connecting people, and groups of people, for mutual benefit, with liberty and justice for all.

Search for IICRCA on You Tube and you'll find Joe's recap.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
He is still catching up from both meetings.

Also, we need to define a Membership type for Online Communities. It's in progress.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Fred, I'm not sure what you mean by "Contrived".

If you mean a well planed an executed marketing and awareness campaign; then Thank you! You are totally right!
If you mean "Contrived" as in some way disingenuous or having some devious intent, you are totally off-base.

We are doing what we can to help put the industry back together. This was not an IICRC or IICRCA approved campaign. This was a "forgiveness vs permission" campaign I used to demonstrate the power of social media to The Counsel. The average cleaners voice was heard by people who can actually do something about it. I also created a stellar marketing map for ServiceMonster moving forward as "Associations" was the first of many topics we plan on covering in this fashion.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
#2 - We've completed a benefits package for the Certified Firms. We're going to fund a scholarship account to help pay for taking IICRC approved courses. This is built along the lines of the World Floor scholarship that pays a percentage of fees until the funds are gone. The account will have funds replenished at certain dates.
I like that addition but I think the industry would be better served by getting Standards to the membership. Free classes are great but how many cleaners have current standards they own? We have industry standards but the problem is not enough of the industry knows what they standards are.

:errf:

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
You need a meeting to find the internet?

Hello, i dont need to send a tech 500 miles to learn about odor control.
Actually the fact you appointed a 70 year old director makes perfect sense now...

Wake me up in 202o or something...

Reactions: Mikey P

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I like that addition but I think the industry would be better served by getting Standards to the membership.
This is a good example of the mixed message common to IICRC perception. The IICRC is a standards writing organization. They own the standards they write but have no membership.

Certified Firms have to join a partner association to be a member of the Council of Associations, and the association would have to buy the standards books from the Institute if members wanted them.

We're different ships, with different crews and different missions, but cooperating wherever we can.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I understand that Oz but its a matter of what would be the best use of those funds. Couldn't you work out a one time download of a View only file that can't be printed off . Or a portal where the members have access but can again read only but not print.

If all things being equal wouldn't you think that knowing the Standards would be of more value than training.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I like that addition but I think the industry would be better served by getting Standards to the membership.
This is a good example of the mixed message common to IICRC perception. The IICRC is a standards writing organization. They own the standards they write but have no membership.

Certified Firms have to join a partner association to be a member of the Council of Associations, and the association would have to buy the standards books from the Institute if members wanted them.

We're different ships, with different crews and different missions, but cooperating wherever we can.
Same navy?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Can somebody, anybody, explain to me, please....please.... please, what's the freaking fascination that that pencil pusher AKA Dancing with Grass have with "The Standard"?

Man. You mean that green covered leaflet that nobody ever reads?
Unless they have too much time at hand, already watched the paint dry and are practically bored out of their mind. The worse investment, totally (as in positively absolutely) wasted money, I've ever made, and trust me, I've made some bad investments.

That damn thing has been collecting dust in one of my book boxes ever since the early nineties. Right there with Thomas Aquinas's writings.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom