ATM light was flashing....

Mikey P

Administrator
Never seen that before.

Slow flashing for about 30 seconds.

The manual says something is wrong with the electronics that control the Tranny. It also says I should immediately stop driving the vehicle.

News to me.

You?

John Watson

you probably have enough guys attending that have trucks like yours to have a maintenance seminar at your $100 fling, Hell, You could charge more for the ud guys!!!!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
except for the brake light when I needed front brakes I have been light free.........Let me know what they say it is when you get it checked out....

what happen with the front shocks.........what did you decide to put on ?

do you use the over drive or just leave it on all the time........

you might want to bookmark this web page
http://www.udpart.net/?gclid=CLiI1uHYyo8CFQqZggodt39z9Q

G

Dont know about the ATM light . , but I can tell you the alternator is expensive to replace. Almost 800.00 .

Most guys ( dealers ) kept telling me there wasnt a kit available , finally found a dealer in SC that sold me the replacement brushes - 19.00 plus 50.00 labor to rebuild ( plus 2 hours shop time to r and r )

Name
Ron lippold
Mikey

hey bud first thing you might do is disconnect the battery the flashing light is a hard code, By disconnecting the battery you will erase the memory, it could be a manufacture pre set light according to mileage, leave it disconnected for 10 sec

Mikey P

Administrator
UD in Utah thinks it may need the tranny filter replaced, I'll start there.

No go on the shocks.

I would have to have the leaf springs modified in order to fit another brand

Name
Shawn Forsythe
The light most probably indicates an anomalous fluid pressure. Too high would indicate a downstream(from the pump) obstruction or congestion, i.e. the filter being loaded up. Too low would be a low fluid level or leak. In either case, the tranny is not being cooled or lubricated properly and would lead to imminent failure if you continue to operate.

Name
Jesse
I can't help ya, but on my 01 NPR sweeper I had a similar issue. I kept running it and after a few hours of driving, the trans wouldn't engage enough to get past 1 mph. It was a large black fuse type thing buried deep. $500 and a tow.

G

Mike,

You are supposed to change the trans fluid and filter every 150 hours. Mine has 44,000 miles. All I have done is oil changes and trans fluid changes. The dealer said the brakes should last me 70,000 miles from the way they look.

Dave

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
150 machine hours ?????

how are you drying and post vacuuming so many carpets............

your spending all your time at the garage.......

no wonder you charge so damn much.your sending your kids (nice looking bunch btw) and your mechanic's kid threw collage....

G

All you have to do is drop the pan and add 7 qts of oil and change the filter. It's quick and easy. I talked to AT when I bought my truck and they said that's enough.

Dave

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom