ATT/Yellow pages pay per call

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Anyone doing this for cleaning or resty work - interested to hear how you opinion, if you feel it's an honest program.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I did it 2 years ago. Terrible experience. Rep totally screwed me on the ad, wouldn't return calls until it was too late to change and when I finally got in touch with AT&T they told me it was just too bad.

So when the book hit I started getting all these calls for a fence business that used to have the tracking number they gave me. That racked up about $1500 they expected me to pay. Then I asked them to just shut off the damn number and they refused to even do that, so I kept getting calls for the fence company and they kept billing me for it.

Now add to this that sales reps have nothing to do with service and vice versa. I have heard rumors that there may be a class action lawsuit in the works over the way they have treated people with this ppc deal.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Just for kicks I googled at&t pay per call complaints. Quite a few that mirrored my experience. Even found a link from one to a BBB link advising against the service and showing complaints numbering in the hundreds.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
I spent a few hours dissecting the issues - 99.99% of them from yp.com

It's a system designed to bring in more erroneous calls via "spamming" (in about 15 different ways) than anything else - as well as become the worlds most expensive directory assistance / white pages / 411 service.

ATT chalks it up as oversight, "or the way it is" - however a well planned robbery is what it amounts to.

I went in knowing I'd be babysitting this - and that there would be something dirty going on, but figured It was worth one last shot at finding a viable yellow pages option knowing I'd have the resources to manage and fight the issues.

I am submitting to ATT what I have come up with - and they can fix the issues, make the proper credits, or not get paid.

Back
Top Bottom