Backup Cameras

DRScrivner

I have one on my 03 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab.

My equipment is in a 6 x 10 cargo trailer. Hitching up went from a 10-15 minute PITA to a 2 minute joy.

Pep Boys $100 INSTALLED.

GREAT investment.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have one in my Tundra. Someone told me they could install one that works in the rear view mirror for around $300.00. I was thinking of trying one and if it worked having it on all the box trucks.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I think it is a great idea. So does the pole I hit.

Just 'cause there are no cars in the parking lot doesn't mean there isn't poles. At 2:00 in the morning that isn't apparent until you hear the crunch. It was right behind my hose reel... If I had carefull checked both side mirrors before whipping around I would have seen it.... Or, if I had a back-up camera.

I never hit anything with the dang box truck, because I knew better than to back up blind... It's when you get comfortable that you make mistakes. Little dimple in the corner of the bumper with yellow paint on it.... Doors open still.

stone

the $100.00 dollar backup camera from pepboys, wallmart,ect, stinks. I returned it and bought one from hitchcam.com. more$$, but it works great.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
the wireless one is a little fussy but if all you are doing is trying to hitch a trailer then it should be fine

the rear view mirror one is a little better, you hang a screen type rear view mirror over the existing mirror and it puts the picture up in a little square on the mirror

but if you really want to get a good view then you will need one with a fish eye type so you can see from side to side, then you are looking at $700 for the camera and little monitor

you can get a great system from Pioneer that has a backup camera, GPS, DVD player, radio, etc type model for about $1000

DRScrivner

My wireless Pep Boys $99 installed one works really well.

I even pick up wireless security cameras as I drive around town and sometimes get other peoples back up cameras as I drive down the road. Somehow there's emits a signal while they are driving forward- kinda freaky seeing the cars behind them.

One of, if not, the best equipment investments (for safety reasons) I have made.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom