Bad Vac Gauge?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have my bayco set at 13Hg's

When I start the machine up, it opens at 13hg's consistently. However, when I go out to check the machine later, it says that I am pulling 12 hg's without anything hooked up, just straight airflow, with a wand hooked up, about 15Hg's without the wand down, and with the wand down, I'm getting 19 or 20 Hg's. I would assume if this was an accurate reading, my waste tank would be imploding. Besides, when I shut the machine off the gauge reads 5 or 6 Hg's. After the machine has cooled down fully and is started up the next day it reads as opening at 13Hg's again.

Here are the questions:

Is my vac gauge bad, and how would I know?

OR

Does ambient heat effect when the bayco opens?

OR

Did the nimrods at the machine shop break the valve installing it?

I have lubed the ever-loving piss out of that bayco.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I think its bad. When you turn it off it should read zero. It is probably 5 or 6 too high all across the board.

And is it reading 12 even without any hoses connected? Mine read close to zero with nothing connected.

Rex Tyus

Vac gauges go bad MUCH more frequent than many realize. It is more than likely bad. You can get one quick at most carquest if you want to syncronize straight away. But then again you may live in a real civilization and have a supplier within driving distance.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
That's what I'm thinking too. I would love to ask my Mechanic about it but he will probably say that my bayco valve broke it.

C

Chris Sheldon

I rarely trust the gauge on a customer's machine. Yours is bad; replace it.

I have a handheld vac/fuel pressure gauge that I use to test vacuum on a machine. As Rex said you can get them at an auto parts store and they can be had for cheap; I think I paid like $20 for mine. You can also use it to test your fuel pressure if you are having problems with your machine.

-Chris

Rex Tyus

B&BGaryC said:
That's what I'm thinking too. I would love to ask my Mechanic about it but he will probably say that my bayco valve broke it.

I can't imagine anyone servicing equipment for a living saying that to someone. If he did you need to find a new place to do business. he is either ignorant or dishonest. Can you imagine the Vacuum level required to "break" a vac gauge?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
He is against any modification to a machine. His mantra is:

The manufacturer built the machine the way they did for a reason.
It works the way it was designed to work.
It heats water, sprays water, and sucks water up.
Bigger machines spray more water and suck more water
Smaller machines spray less water and suck less water
If your machine is rated for 6 gallons a minute jets, use those and slow down
If your machine is rated for 4 gallon a minute jets, use those and slow down even more
It sprays and it sucks, that's what it's supposed to do, and modifying doesn't make it work better, it makes it wear out. Carpets don't need to be dry in a half hour.
"Twist that Mickey Mouse valve off your machine and throw it in the garbage. If you do that you won't have problems with your machine."

Basically, if there is any problem with the machine, it is the fault of the Bayco valve. Not because he actually thinks it's the fault of the Bayco valve, but because he protests so much against them any problem will be sarcastically remarked to be attributed to the Bayco Valve.

You should've seen the field day he had when I lost my blower. He was hoppin' around tickled pink thinking I would finally throw the valve away.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Yup. He blamed it on the Bayco. I took it in today because my oil sending unit went bad and made a damn mess of my van and my customers driveway.

He said it might have something to do with the WD-40 straw in the blower lube line, but that doesn't make any sense either.

Rex Tyus

B&BGaryC said:
Yup. He blamed it on the Bayco. I took it in today because my oil sending unit went bad and made a damn mess of my van and my customers driveway.

He said it might have something to do with the WD-40 straw in the blower lube line, but that doesn't make any sense either.

Just so I am clear. He said the Bayco precision relief valve was responsible for the vac guage going bad? Is that what you are saying?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
He also initially voiced his suspicion that the oil leak might be due to excessive back pressure caused by the bayco valve... Before he looked at it and realized it was a faulty sending unit.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Next time you go in, tell him to pretend that you dont have a bayco and try to come up with an alternate reason why you are having trouble! :D

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
SRI Cleaning said:
Next time you go in, tell him to pretend that you dont have a bayco and try to come up with an alternate reason why you are having trouble! :D

I've tried that. It doesn't work.

Rex Tyus

B&BGaryC said:
He also initially voiced his suspicion that the oil leak might be due to excessive back pressure caused by the bayco valve... Before he looked at it and realized it was a faulty sending unit.

You need to find a new service center. Seriously!!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Gary;

Many liquid-filled vac guages have a black rubber vent at the back top of the guage.

If yours has one, open it slightly when the guage is @ 5-6" with no vac.

It should zero the guage and fix your problem.

Larry

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
But it goes back to normal every single time the unit cools down... Will that still permanently fix the problem?

Greenie

here is an idea, give Morgan this forum address, and let him splain all this to us directly, any modern mechanic would be internet savy enough to log in here once a week, might learn something to, or does ILS not require their mechanics to Learn on an ongoing basis?

Or....you could ask Micah to bring in MasterBlend or PowerClean, they come stock with kunkle valves, I'd like to hear what Morgan would have to say about that?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I doubt Morgan would ever get on this forum.

It doesn't make any sense... I'll PM Micah this thread and see what he has to say about masterblend and powerclean

Rex Tyus

B&BGaryC said:
But it goes back to normal every single time the unit cools down... Will that still permanently fix the problem?

NO. Probobly not. Just buy a new freaking vac guage already. Replace it about once a year to be on the safe side. Carquest has them. Even on Sunday.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Geez. Morgan insisted that it was a brand new vac gauge and that he installed it when they got the machine in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom