Bag VS bagless

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
Why would someone use a bag vacuum vs a bagless vacuum? I am in need of some new vacuums and would like to know if a bagless vac is a good as a bag type.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Don't make it complicated.

Just purchase what you were originally going to purchase before this petty assed question came into your mind.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Oooops, I see that you may be a newby. I don't want to hurt your feelings, so don't respond to my comment until Chavez posts his "we are all gonna feel goodness and light" post.

He'll be here before long ...

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I use bags, it fills up on a job grab another one and done.

Bag less fill up during job, you need a place to dump it. Ahhhhhh, Ms Smith can I dump this in your trash or run out to van to dump it?

Buy a vacuum that will make the job better/faster.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I did the whole bagless (see what your getting out" thing and now use a bag vac and listen for what I'm getting out. If there's a bunch of impacted soil, your gonna hear it coming out. Bag vacs are simple to use plus theyre easier to keep clean because of the shape.

Jimbo

I had been using Bissel bagless types for the last few years...then I had one running as the sun was streaming in through the window...dust was going everywhere!

I switched to a Pro Team 1500 Hepa Bagged vac...seems to be doing great!

mboobs.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Oooops, I see that you may be a newby. I don't want to hurt your feelings, so don't respond to my comment until Chavez posts his "we are all gonna feel goodness and light" post.

He'll be here before long ...
Wtf? Had little champagne left over did ya? I have no clue what you're turkin bout. ; )

We like the Shark Navigator Professional, great value for the price.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I did the whole bagless (see what your getting out.

I've heard Ron say that's why he uses baggless...to "know" no more soil is coming up.
but how the hell can you do that with the fur ball that's already in cup is swirling around ??

bags are likely much cleaner
baglless is simply much more convenient

I figure the stuff Jim saw was blow by at the various hose connections , not blow out from the bag...cause typically the bag it;s self have much better filtration, no??

Coop, you don't have to ask to dump in Mrs Phiff's kitchen garbage can, you carry a box of the cheapest small garbage bags

..L.T.A.

Reactions: jcooper

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I just pray that somehow, god willing, Ron is not going to see this thread.

Search 'Wernerizing.
As in: "I did not 'Cole' your carpet mam. But, boy, did I Wernerize it!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Bethel

hogjowl

Idiot™
Shark vacs, any of the three kinds they make, are all too top heavy and fall over whenever you try to use the edging attachment and move about the room. Also, the professional has a stupid rubber edgeing tool.

The Dyson is still king ... and I know cuz I own two different models of the Shark and I still use a Dyson on a daily basis.

Oh, and bagless vacuums rule.

But, you really shouldn't have had to ask that question ... it really is just common sense.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I've had 2 Dysons now and was never overly impressed. After checking a few bags I'm reasonably sure I'm pulling just as much with my pos hoover bagged pos... plus the belt clutch on my dc14 wore out after about a year I could stop the brushroll with my finger.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yeah, that happened to me.

Dyson fixed it for me for free.

You're such a doofus ...

I'd like to think I'd be thrifty enough to call and bitch about a vacuum that broke after a year, but being the Red Blooded American that I am, I tossed it and bought a new one...

steve_64

i just scrub more with my wand.

but i do have a certified pile lifter for extreme cases. they last forever and are way more impressive than any pos walmart vac. i use mine at home too, its all i own now.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Too late Ofer :biggrin:

Bag vacuum is you are concerned about Hepa filtration etc and aren't too concerned about removing max soil from the carpet
Bagless if you want to make sure you've removed as much from the carpet as you're willing to put time in. When you can see it coming in, or rather, if you aren't seeing anything coming in, you know how fast you can vacuum.

Yes, you can see the dirt coming in, just have to know your machine and know where to look. OR just have a small garbage container set outside the front door and keep dumping.
You cannot HEAR 90% of the soil you're going to vacuum up. Fine soil makes no noise, gyprock dust makes no noise, dust makes no noise. SAND might, and anything that does make a noise isn't really a problem for wicking...too big.
You never know how much soil is in a carpet till you start vacuuming. I've been surprised many times. Home owner JUST vacuumed and I empty the container a couple times from the soil I remove. If I had a bag vac I would have missed 95% of it because I would be moving the machine too quickly thinking there's nothing to pick up.

I still use the Cleartrak, I change the belts when I change the brush, about every 6-9mths. Easy to replace parts.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Ron have you ever thought of hooking your tm vacuum hose in to the top of say somthing like a whitiker or any other dual brush machine ? It would be pretty easy to cut a hole in the top of the machine between the 2 brushes and install an adapter for the tm vacuum line. The powerfull vacuum should be able to get every thing that is brought to the surface and not give you the problem of sucking the machine down to the carpet. I think this would be great for anything with an extreme soil load.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
That idea might have some merit, biggest challenge is running the vac hose all around the house while attached to the Whittaker. Be a little challenging moving around. Be better for it have its own self contained vacuum motor and collection bin.
The other issue is that if you look at the bottom of a vacuum you'll see that it actually makes a seal to the carpet face. Most vacuums will "vibrate" the carpet to break up that deep embedded soil.

Vacuuming a place today, almost filled the cannister in the Master Bedroom, then went over 4 other vacant rooms, put in less than half of what I collected in the mstr. NONE of the soil I collected you could hear. I spent about as much time vacuuming the 4 rooms as I did the Mstr because I could see that I didn't NEED to spend the time. Do that with a bag.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom