Baseboard waiver

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So today I got my first call about me ruining baseboards in 12 years. Never had a waiver. Was always just very careful. Unfortunately part of the way into this job we found wax in areas. Took forever to get it all off. Didn't charge her any extra. Got a call 2 hours after we left about how her baseboards were ruined. Told her I would come by tomorrow to take a look at them and she got even more agitated. Try to explain to her that her baseboards were probably not properly installed. So to contain the situation quickly because she was on the frantic side I told her I would bring a check by her work tomorrow to pay for the baseboards. I don't need a crazy lady ranting on the Internet about me.
So does anybody have a waiver they can share with me so I can have an idea on the verbiage to use to make one of these.
Thank you.

Mikey P

Administrator
Please sign_________________ here to acknowledge you have garbage MDF base boards and that the moisture from our cleaning process way cause them to bloat like a Alabama girl seven weeks after her honeymoon with her brother.

Or have your brother/husband fill the gaps with clear silicone two days before our planned visit.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Please sign_________________ here to acknowledge you have garbage MDF base boards and that the moisture from our cleaning process way cause them to bloat like a Alabama girl seven weeks after her honey moon with her brother.

Or have your brother/husband fill the gaps with clear silicone two days before our planned visit.

With just a LITTLE editing, this is a clear and fair warning

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So today I got my first call about me ruining baseboards in 12 years. Never had a waiver. Was always just very careful. Unfortunately part of the way into this job we found wax in areas. Took forever to get it all off. Didn't charge her any extra. Got a call 2 hours after we left about how her baseboards were ruined. Told her I would come by tomorrow to take a look at them and she got even more agitated. Try to explain to her that her baseboards were probably not properly installed. So to contain the situation quickly because she was on the frantic side I told her I would bring a check by her work tomorrow to pay for the baseboards. I don't need a crazy lady ranting on the Internet about me.
So does anybody have a waiver they can share with me so I can have an idea on the verbiage to use to make one of these.
Thank you.
Man that sucks especially when its technically not your fault. However you did the right things to mitigate the potential problem.

A waiver would help, pictures of the potential problem would also keep them from claiming they didn't realize the full gravity of the situation.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I was going to have her send pictures or try to go over there. But she was frantic screaming yelling borderline crying. Did not want to hire somebody to deal with this over dramatic person. It sucks but she can't go on the Internet and say that I didn't deal with the issue immediately.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I've had stripper ruin the paint, once. Told her it would happen because of the wax slathered on her tile.

Made sure she understood that after stripping the wax and cleaning the tile, I'd return to repaint her baseboards.

We don't create these snafus, we just have to mitigate them.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I was going to have her send pictures or try to go over there. But she was frantic screaming yelling borderline crying. Did not want to hire somebody to deal with this over dramatic person. It sucks but she can't go on the Internet and say that I didn't deal with the issue immediately.

You are handling this as best as can be done when its that over the top.

I hope you can get this resolved and behind you quickly

ID10t

Name
Joe
Please sign_________________ here to acknowledge you have garbage MDF base boards and that the moisture from our cleaning process way cause them to bloat like a Alabama girl seven weeks after her honeymoon with her brother.

Do you give in person estimates prior to booking?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
We try to on hard surface work...too many variables

I get more calls/emails/FB messages, drop ins at my office over hard surfaces woes than upholstery cleaning screw ups.

95% of them wouldn't exist if the job was inspected, and tested/test cleaned first.

You will miss out on some jobs, but you will have happy customers and far far less trouble

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I was going to do an estimate for this one but the lady wanted to get it done ASAP. Of course the one place that I test cleaned there was no wax.
I have done hundreds of tile cleanings over the past 12 years. This is the only time I have had a complaint like this.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Baseboards are cheap so the lesson isn't fatal. Mikey's disclaimer next time of learn how to use a chop saw.
Also thank you for posting because I will add the disclaimer and instructions from now on.

Reactions: Mikey P

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I could of easily repaired it. Used to do Constrution for a few years. This chick was mental. Would not want to deal with her. She was the type of person that it would never be right and still ask for more money for the inconvenience. I caught her off guard when I offered to pay. I asked her twice if she felt that my offer was fair. I didn't need this wack job posting crap on the internet acting like I destroyed all of her baseboards. I very sure it was probably just a couple spots. I made the decision to just pay her off once I figured out she was nuts.

Mikey P

Administrator
CompanyLogo.jpg

Dear [FIRST_NAME] [LAST_NAME],

PRE-CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS

So that we may render the best possible service to you in the most efficient manner…

• Please have all items and furnishings out of the areas to be cleaned before we arrive.

• Have all children and pets in a separate room to ensure their safety around our equipment and cleaning solutions.

• Have a water faucet on and available for our use to hook up to our truck.

• Leave an open parking area near your door and have your car moved if you think you will need it while we are working.

CONDITIONS:

Connoisseur Cleaning agrees to perform the work specified in a professional manner using extreme care to obtain satisfactory results. The professional cleaner is limited in attaining the best results due to the condition and nature of the article being cleaned.

Listed below are conditions most commonly encountered for which we disclaim and for which the customer agrees not to hold us responsible.

1. Cracked, loose or broken grout and tile. Due to the nature of tile and grout and the current level of soil on the floors, even a thorough pre-inspection may not reveal the existing condition of the grout and tile. Improperly set tile and grout, damaged by water among other situations may cause some tile and grout to loosen or pop out during cleaning. Customer will be immediately notified when such instances occur, and will not hold Connoisseur Cleaning responsible for any such repairs.

2. Staining, discoloration, color loss. Our cleaning process can restore most tile and grout near its original condition. Due to the nature of some spots, or prior cleanings and maintenance, it may be impossible to restore an original color, or completely remove all spots and stains. There is no way of determining when such results will occur.

3. Wax, lacquers, sealers, stains, paints. These coatings are not the responsibility of Connoisseur Cleaning. In some cases, we cannot tell if there is a pre-existing coating on the floor until we begin our cleaning process. We will immediately notify the customer if this is the case, but we cannot guarantee the complete removal of any such topical coatings and will not be responsible for re-applying such coatings.

4. Efflorescence. This is a natural salt residue that may appear after cleaning which was not visible before. Connoisseur Cleaning will attempt to remove such residue, but cannot guarantee complete removal.

5. Edge cleaning. We are unable on certain jobs to completely clean up to the edge of furniture, cabinets, and walls and such, without doing further harm or damage to these items. If soiling is present under large items, we suggest having them moved from the room prior to cleaning day. MDF (particle) baseboards can get damaged from the water used in the cleaning. MDF is extremely absorbent and will swell if exposed to water. Applying a bead of clear silicone a few days before cleaning can help avoid absorption and swelling. Connoisseur Cleaning will not be held responsible for any damages to MDF but will do our best to avoid any issues.

6. Bathrooms. Due to constant humidity, water, soaps, urine, and harsh cleaning agents often seen, bathrooms pose an extremely difficult area to clean. Although we have some of the most advanced equipment and cleaning agents on the market, we are limited in the results we can achieve here. Therefore we do not guarantee nor are we responsible for urine staining, complete soap scum and hard water deposit removal or loose/missing tile and grout.

For information on how to upkeep your hard surfaces, please visit our blog for lots of handy suggestions @ http://www.santacruzclean.com/blog/category/hard-surface/

Thank you for your business!

Reactions: jcooper

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
if i had'na sprayed the baseboards for my little ol' black ladies in the ghetto....
they'd of beat me wit a broom

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl

Or uncle grandpa..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom