being friends with local cleaners

Mr.V

I went to show off my GG M-5 to one of the local cleaners in town (well actually he just sold his biz) and to my suprise he said "you need a ramp"

proceeded to his garage and gave me a kick a$$ foldable ramp

yippee

it's always been good for me to be friends with the locals

TimP

Rex has always been good to me. Referals if he can't get to em and he's even let me borrow a 2" y since he has no use for it anyway. Now if I can keep him north of blountstown he'll be even a better friend. 8)

Chris A

Name
Chris
there are 2-3 local cleaners I look up to and admire, another couple I get along with, and some whose ashes I wouldn't piss on. I try to introduce myself to everyone though and at least give it a shot, having contacts is great when you need something.

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
There are a couple guys that I talk to that I know through mikey's board. They really aren't in my service area but are about an hour away. I would like to get to know some of the local cleaners in my area, I think its a good thing.

Ernie G

I have a number of cc in my area that I talk with from time to time, Watson is about an hour away, Brian from DA. Burns is close by and about 8 or 10 more guys in the area I really respect. We share ideas and help each other if needed. Just the other night I had a young carpet cleaner over and we talked for a couple of hours, he can learn alot from my experience, and I can sometimes pick up good ideas from him. I have always had relationships with lots of other cc, you never stop learning and its always a good feeling if I can help someone. Gary heacock is about 3 hrs. away and I pick his brain every once in awhile. CC are some of the best people around.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
One of my local fellow CC is the Piano player for the Christian Band I sing for. Another is a fellow parishioner at our Church and well Larry B is only 25 minutes a way.

Name
George Valliant
If it wasn't for other carpet cleaners I would have no friends at all. Ron Lippold is my new best friend!!! Hi Ronnie!

Rex Tyus

TimP said:
Rex has always been good to me. Referals if he can't get to em and he's even let me borrow a 2" y since he has no use for it anyway. Now if I can keep him north of blountstown he'll be even a better friend. 8)

Thanks Tim. You are making me :oops: .

But if you knew how many houses I did in Bristol and Blountstown yesterday you would hate me. :mrgreen:

TimP

Yeah I probably would. But I could only do maybe 5 or 6 more in the 3 days. I've been pretty busy myself. And I know there are people who probably don't like us cause you can't please them all. So I suppose you have to get a few.

On another note....if you knew how many customers I've taken from you. You'd be hate me. What comes around goes around.

TimP

As friendly as two competing carpet cleaners can be. :|

I may start pushing into HIS area.....

Seriously I'm planning on doing something to expand now that gas is reasonable.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
You beat me to it Lyman. I was going to say how nice it is to have you as a friend and someone we can depend on if we need anything.

Rex Tyus

TimP said:

Go for it. You will tire of the drive north as fast as I did driving south. Drive time sucks. Total non productive time. Don't forget I ain't pushing into your area. Just keeping the ones that fell in love with my charm wit and personality all those years ago. 8) Just imagine if I actually did blast your air ways and mullet wrappers. :shock:

Rex Tyus

He is not my boy. He keeps telling me how busy he is down there. :? Whats up wit that?

John Watson

Friends who are Local carpet cleaners, Hmmm Ol Odie is up north in Belly dancer land, but, he gives his work away, He charges about half what I do.

Ol Stevie Swan He sold out and moved to Montana....

Bernie Woerst of Lyndon retired

Georgie Burns, mom died and left him her paid off house on the beach and a pile of cash, He just cleans maybe 1 day a week, and proslites for his church 4-5 days.

Ernie G., He is actuly 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hrs away, not 1 hr (Now you can see how we run out of gas on the way to MF08 with Ernie driving...... He just tries to cleans around his house, Don't blame him.

And Roger James died over 5 years ago,,...

Ol Wayney Willey, Just lives to Blaine far away

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
In my recent searches I have found some really good guys cleaning carpets. Good to know you can count on someone when you need them.

Not all carpet cleaners are dirtbags.

G

Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
If it wasn't for other carpet cleaners I would have no friends at all. Ron Lippold is my new best friend!!! Hi Ronnie!

I tried to be best friends with Ron but he's just a big meanie.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
notgaryIswear! said:
[quote="Carpet Cleaning Fool":2xcsfgym]If it wasn't for other carpet cleaners I would have no friends at all. Ron Lippold is my new best friend!!! Hi Ronnie!

I tried to be best friends with Ron but he's just a big meanie.[/quote:2xcsfgym]

^
|
|
|
Could somebody delete this D-Bag's account?

TimP

Rex Tyus said:
TimP said:

Go for it. You will tire of the drive north as fast as I did driving south. Drive time sucks. Total non productive time. Don't forget I ain't pushing into your area. Just keeping the ones that fell in love with my charm wit and personality all those years ago. 8) Just imagine if I actually did blast your air ways and mullet wrappers. :shock:

I wouldn't be going for cheapy customers. Completely different marketing for going that far....way higher minimum. If I'm going I'm making money and when you have days to sit on your butt like I do I wont mind. My focus would be on Tile, anyway. I'm sure I'll have a lot of customers hang up thinking I'm way high.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I can get along just fine with other guys in my area, I don't feel threatened one bit, too bad the suppliers around here aren't the same way. good lord, if you provide better service, more value, people will buy YOUR stuff over the other guys, suppliers are you listening, I should have said suppler, because I think one of them feels like I do.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm cordial to all of them.
(even Rodney, my local Chem-Liar)

some I like and consider friends.
Some I'd refer if we couldn't handle it, some i wouldn't

..L.T.A.

Raedan

I have found a good friend in Tom Cermak. Through him I have met other cc'ers in the area and we all get along.
We help each other out, share ideas etc.

Joe

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom