Bend restrictions. How significant?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
When I had my CDS, I replaced HydraMaster's 90 degree vacuum intake with Jeff's round bent one. It seemed to make a big difference in airflow (I never actually measured it).

It seems like HM still uses the same 90 degree band in all their machines.
Anybody knows how much difference in airflow or lift does that actually make?
Does it affect both airflow and lift?
If it does, why do they keep doing it?

Name
Jeff T
Following, my Cleanco has 90 degree @ the waste tank..... Looking to have a custom manifold built for it..... Working on a design now, as it is winter....

Reactions: ruff

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Is manifold what I am talking about?

If yes, you can buy them. They are available. Unless you're one of the mechanically gifted and enjoy the process.

Name
Jeff T
I was looking to design a cone/ curved one, create more of a vortex(for lack of better term)..... I've got an idea in my head.... Just getting it to the design/build stage..... In my old career, I was the problem solver..... Old habits die hard.....

Mikey P

Administrator
When I had my CDS, I replaced HydraMaster's 90 degree vacuum intake with Jeff's round bent one. It seemed to make a big difference in airflow (I never actually measured it).

It seems like HM still uses the same 90 degree band in all their machines.
Anybody knows how much difference in airflow or lift does that actually make?
Does it affect both airflow and lift?
If it does, why do they keep doing it?
Same reason Butler uses live reels, route their vac hose to a filter box and back and use 1.5 hoses.

F0r 150'- runs it doesn't matter.

Name
Jeff T
I was dropping off a Christmas package and an invoice @ a restoration company I do work for.... Their carpet guy happened to be cleaning their carpet the same day.... He was using 1 1/2 inch hose from the truck out back. From what I could hear( or not hear for that matter), it ALL makes a difference..... Does it not help to maximize every aspect of ones system? ( they had me come back 3 days later, to redo the cleaning BTW)..... The GM ph me the next morning, and said the carpet looked great.....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The 1 1/2 inch will not carry enough air to probably dry the carpet if running right from the truck. Even guys like me who like 1/12 inch tools, run 2 inch all the way to our short whip. Same reason guys run 4 to the door or 2.5 inch for the first 50 ft. You will get the inches of lift on all of them, but what's missing is the air flow. The more restrictions you have, the more turbulence in the system and less air flow, which is why you want lay your hoses as straight as possible. I do a lot of 300-350 ft runs and can feel the difference from when I start to when my helper has the hose coiled up before starting the next hallway. From your blower to your waste tank, the straighter it is, the better it will perform. The more inline filters and filter baskets, the more restrictions.

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care
Name
Jeff T
which were bought to dual wand and cheat the PIE.

The V rarely sees dual use anymore so it will be replace with a 4.8 something or other.
The 1 1/2 inch will not carry enough air to probably dry the carpet if running right from the truck. Even guys like me who like 1/12 inch tools, run 2 inch all the way to our short whip. Same reason guys run 4 to the door or 2.5 inch for the first 50 ft. You will get the inches of lift on all of them, but what's missing is the air flow. The more restrictions you have, the more turbulence in the system and less air flow, which is why you want lay your hoses as straight as possible. I do a lot of 300-350 ft runs and can feel the difference from when I start to when my helper has the hose coiled up before starting the next hallway. From your blower to your waste tank, the straighter it is, the better it will perform. The more inline filters and filter baskets, the more restrictions.
when I went in to do the cleaning 3 days later, it smelled musty, and I could have sworn it felt moist in the air..... Never bent down to feel it, as I didn't want them to realize he was doing it WRONG......

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Had those 90 degree on my cleanco so I just switched them out with some cheap PVC pipes. More of a sloping flow.

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom