Besides the cost of gas..

hogjowl

Idiot™
Because I've never seen one industrial enough to handle the suction and speed that a TM places on them, AND they aren't heavy enough to dig deep into the pile.

Of course, Cobb has just the right one ...

Rex Tyus

Mikey P said:
Why don't you use a Turbo Vacuum head w/ your TM to pre vacuum carpet?

Because, it is not a good use of time. One guy starts to vacuum while one sets up the hoses. He can have one room done and ready for prepping much faster with a traditional vac.

Rentals without electricity are a place to use them but you have to use a shop vac style head first to remove heavy debri so as not to damage the turbines. It vacs well it is just not cost effective from a labor stand point to use it.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Because even with the vac release completely open, the AT melted the bearings in under 5 minutes.

But Jon Don did take it back to my suprise. Jon Don rocks!
The salesman told me it would work fine with the AT.

If he has one that will work with the At ... I'll gladly buy one, they are much easier to use than a typical vacuum

John Watson

The turbocat is a POS to begin with, Gary Heacock sells one that works good. We carry it for the rat Nastys and places with no power.

The reason we no longer use it as our main vac is time, I normaly have most of the house vaced by the time Helen has the Hoses all set up.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
SMarty pants beat me to it.

I love those things, but they are just not built well enough for TM's.

We use them with the fire crews, hooked up to a HEPA vacuum they work pretty well and are fairly durable as long as they are not dropped.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Hmmmm ... I have a backpak vac. Using a turbo head might be a good idea.

While I'm thinking about it ... anybody got a free one laying around with my name on it?

John Watson

Sorry, Gave mine away to the guy who bought my like new POS Sanitair at our swap meet a couple of weeks ago
I think Ernie G had one for $25-30.00

Mikey P

Administrator
Watson are you the moron who brought hat POS canister vacuum to MF last year?

Good lord but you're a idiot.

Basically when it come to reviews from Hair Piece, anything that Helen can't lift, sucks.

John Watson

Hey Nush-nik head, It was 2 flippen years ago I brought that canister vac!!
you must be gettin old and can't remember nuttin nomo asshole

You are correct, I did fill out my ID-10-T form and passed the class with honors,
This plaque is on my wall with all the wallpaper I have aquired over the past 3 decades.

I don't need to get the Great Waldo Peckerhead to do my dirty work for me, I gots my Helen and she was the one that hated that loud, change the belt daily, cord in the way, pick nuthin up, dog stinken sanitair.

(Helen said she was sure an Oreck would do a better job than either of those POS Vacs and she has never tried one.)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Use one with a ninja and then when you are done vacing, you can use the ninja to prespray.

Then bust out the whatever scrubber
and then TM.

Greenie got me started on this Idea as far as prespraying goes.

Greenie

Yup I killed one or two on a 47 blower.

Used to use the old 10 gal porty to prespray commercial when bonnet cleaning, thought hey...wouldn't be a bad idea on a house...really all we need is an idling TM and looong 1.5" lead hsoe for vac, I thought those turbos cleaned pretty good actually.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom