Best and worst solution hose on the market?

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
From experience and not marketing hype…Which solution hose(s) do you consider the best and worst?

Light but tough
Does not slither downward stairs easily
Limber but durable

Name
Steve Lawrence
I would avoid any hose with a steel braid inside (Goodyear Neptune is one that costed me lots of money, burns and hassles.)--hose bursts are common and can cause serious injury or damage to customer's home or business. Black death is common.

We only use Parflex--it has never burst, only forms a bubble when it ruptures--usually at one end or the other. Snip off and repair. No black death ever because it has no black lining to slough off and ruin Miss Piff's white sofa.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jason del Norte

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
We've had terrific luck and experience with: Neptune Hose rated at 3,000 psi working pressure x 12,000 burst. Excellent in heated applications.

Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

Reactions: Papa John

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Love my parflex, if you can find synflex try that as well. Lighter and smaller OD than even parflex. I unfortunately melted mine on a prochem unit that had a faulty thermostat and haven't been able to find it locally again.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I would avoid any hose with a steel braid inside (Goodyear Neptune is one that costed me lots of money, burns and hassles.)--hose bursts are common and can cause serious injury or damage to customer's home or business. Black death is common.

We use goodyear hoses. We havnt had black death incident since we lay our wand down-- as Ofer would say-- in the missionary position. :eekk::lol:

Name
Steve Lawrence
Those using Goodyear Neptune without live pressure hose reels may never experience black death.

But, you are still vulnerable to hose burst in the job--never fun.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm using hydroforce now, and so far, they're my favorite. I haven't used parflex yet, so keep that in mind. It's smaller in diameter than Goodyear crap, but it's cooler to the touch when heat is max

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
Name
Steve Lawrence
I am with you cleanking, and you can add me to your list of buyers should you find a good deal. Parflex rocks.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
When I first got into the industry, there seemed to be more options available. Both Dayco and Gates made hoses. Anyone remember the soft brown Dayco hoses. Very easy to coil, didn't slide down the stairs and I can't remember any black death episodes. Lately locally we have Goodyear or a similar knockoff called blue storm. Both steel braids. I have never seen Parflex in western Canada. I have been using the Goodyear N3000 and the Blue storm rated for 4000 psi and 250 degrees without any problems but I regularly cut off the ends of my hoses and replace the fittings. After every job, I cool down my hoses by triggering the wand until my temps are under 150. I think black death is sped up by leaving 200 degree plus solution in your hoses.

steve_64

Any experience with Hydroforce Pro 4000 solution hose?
I've had it for about a year now. It crawls back to the van from triggering and can be a pain to wrap back onto the reel if you don't keep your hoses from twisting.
I haven't used anything else yet but it gets the job done. Still looks good too.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Raptor hose- German or Italian hose

If you do,primarily tile- you need the pressure rating

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I usually get Continental steel belted from Sunbelt. It's heavy, but using the twirl wind method instead of a hose reel makes my biceps enormous. I've never had a hose burst or black death. I use my 100' lead hose 3 or 4 years until it gets ugly then switch it out with the other 100' hooked to my machine. I have tried Parflex and it is nice and light weight if you can get the springyness out of it.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Light but tough
Does not slither downward stairs easily
Limber but durable

I don't care about any of that... Which hose is not going to burn snakes into ms smiths white carpet or worse burst.

Parflex had increased significantly in price, maybe we figure out a group buy (@Mikey P ) I'm having a hard time finding a retailer that A. Stocks it and B. Will sell 200ft crimped sections in blue. We are not interested in running a lead line.

Have you tried Larry? Why blue, cosmetic?

Blue only... What a difference as far as coiling!

Why blue! I've had the same orange parker for years. I hand roll my lead 100' and it has no memory what so ever. It's worth the hassle.

However, if blue is better...:rockon:

Happy Friday Ladies!

knapster

Name
Ray
I'm in, I need another 100 footer.. Any one know how big of a spool we can get and a price?

Just spoke with someone at Hose & Fittings in Cali/Nevada,
I'm just researching so I wasn't sure which diameter to ask about.
They quoted me:
1035HT Series High Temp Solution Hose | Parker Parflex
1/4" - $1.67/ft @ 200 ft. - On B/O till mid-July
3/8" - $2.21/ft @ 200 ft.

Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
I paid almost $1 more locally (1/4).. Ask him how much 1,000 ft would be..

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
I'm talking to a local Parker dealer in Indy, should have a price by early next week if it's available. Then we can talk about who's serious about a group buy, hopefully something over 2,000ft to get our cost down. We'll see.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom