Best and worst solution hose on the market?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I prefer the parker over steel braid. Lighter weight, Bristor field crimps have held well, coil it over-under and its not that bad.
Steel braid gets in just as many knots and is hotter to hold.
Ron, are you ordering your hose from the US or do you have a local supplier?

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Ron, are you ordering your hose from the US or do you have a local supplier?
The Parker world includes the provinces - www.parker.com/portal/site/PARKER/menuitem.b7badf701c337c6315731910237ad1ca/?vgnextoid=0119d7196965e210VgnVCM10000048021dacRCRD&vgnextfmt=EN&from=country&countryname=Canada&srctitle=Canada

Crazy thing is that I can order Parker from a US seller fitted with QC's, then ship it 1/2 way around the world, and it is still less expensive than buying locally after all the guys in the line take their cut.
roro

Reactions: Cleanworks

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark or any other Butler-ite: Just curious about the Butler hoses. On their site it says they are Steel braided.

"High Pressure Hose - 100' Grey- Our Price: $240.00 The Yellow- $275.00-
A durable high pressure hose for truckmount and portable machines. Constructed of a flexible synthetic compound and hi-tensile steel-braid reinforcement. The hose features a non-scuff, non-marring grey exterior and is supplied with factory installed crimped fittings and heat sleeve for comfortable handling. Hose is rated for 3,000 psi and a burst pressure rating of 12,000 psi at operating temperatures up to 250°F."

To me it sounds pretty much like good year style hose at a very high price. Anything special about it beside the price?

Let me make a call and get the "Skinny" on it....

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Eaton Synflex 100R7. We buy it with a new truck and sell it with the truck. Tech damage is the only way it fails. It won't coil small enough to fit on a reel made for steel hose - we just coil it with the vac line on the big reel. Use the internet to find a supplier.

PS: Our guys used to carry screw on field-repair fittings like the one below. If you cut the hose end evenly and the interior of the hose isn't failing, these will last as long as a crimped fitting.

$_35.JPG

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Will Parker hoses prevent this?

You guys are crazy if you think titans can only produce 175F from the MF a few years ago. 230F makes my hoses do this on parking lots. And my continental junk gets it first

Attachments

• IMG_0574.JPG
    IMG_0574.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_0573.JPG
    IMG_0573.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 246

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
No, Ron I'm not a supplier, just wondering where you got yours. I checked at Sycorp last year and they didn't have it. We have a Parker store in Delta but they have to special order it. Looks either way, so far, I will have to bring it in from the US. Just not enough carpet cleaners here using it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Sycorp ordered it in for me. Guess they stopped making it available. I've had to bring in a LOT of stuff from the US as no suppliers carry it OR they mark it up so much its cheaper for me to bring it in, even paying the shipping, brokerage and taxes.
If I was going to order some I'd probably get it from Wanders and get some other stuff as well. His field crimps work well on it though I've been told they aren't meant for it.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
This looks like Parker, higher temp rating but lower psi.
https://nosoupforyou.com/shop/hose/cool-flex-carpet-cleaning-solution-hose/

https://nosoupforyou.com/shop/hose/parker-parflex-solution-hose/
This is the hose I am using. Great being able to have it in green. Any other suppliers offer the Parker type hoses in green or yellow?

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
we have used goodyear or continental for 9 yrs works good for us replace the lead hose every year.
use it on pressure washing trailer also very esay to manage

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
Got a local bid for Parflex. $1.87/ft only problem is Parker won't gurantee the 1,000ft I have to buy will be one continuous hose....so I can't be sure I'll get 5 200ft hoses out of it.

Looks like I'll be trying the Cool Flex from Wanders.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Got a local bid for Parflex. $1.87/ft only problem is Parker won't gurantee the 1,000ft I have to buy will be one continuous hose....so I can't be sure I'll get 5 200ft hoses out of it.

Looks like I'll be trying the Cool Flex from Wanders.

Was that Blue cover ?? Talked to Parker & Lisa about the Blue color.

They quoted us much higher cost for the Blue color, & had a 7000 ft minimum.

We would have to have at least 3500 ft of blanket order for the Blue at a higher cost.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Was that Blue cover ?? Talked to Parker & Lisa about the Blue color.
They quoted us much higher cost for the Blue color, & had a 7000 ft minimum.
We would have to have at least 3500 ft of blanket order for the Blue at a higher cost.

Larry, have you noticed any difference in hose performance with the blue? More flexible? lighter? Latest and greatest?

What's the bfd with the blue other than color?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom