Best Fresh Water Pump

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

Luky

Name
Mario
Get a set up that includes an expansion tank.

Its a lot more money, but your pump will last far longer.

The prices are similar, just see where you can get the lower shipping cost.
Yes, the system with an expansion is crucial. The pulsating and cycling of the pump takes a toll on pump. My excuse of not having an expansion tank for all these years was lack of space ( what a poor excuse) . In ten years( 12 000 work hours ) I went through at least eight pumps.
The cost is not leading factor in my post; the lost time and the hassle of dealing with the situation is. Whenever pump gave up I switched to a direct feed and replaced the pump after the job, but even though it took only 30 minutes to deal with it, I hated time lost and amount of aggravation in the proces

Last edited:

Luky

Name
Mario
Yes, the system with an expansion is crucial. The pulsating and cycling of the pump take a toll on the pump. My excuse for not having an expansion tank for all these years was a lack of space ( what a poor excuse). In ten years(12,000 work hours ), I went through at least eight pumps.
The cost is not a leading factor in my post; the lost time and the hassle of dealing with the situation are. Whenever the pump gave up, I switched to a direct feed and replaced the pump after the job, but even though it took only 30 minutes to deal with it, I hated the time lost and the amount of aggravation in the process
I had transfer pumps from ShurFlo, Flojet .I believe that Flojet is a better brand with more resilience compared to the other brands. Thank you for your continuous contribution and commitment to our community @Jim Pemberton

Last edited:

Luky

Name
Mario
The " grave " of transfer pumps. One of them is a Delavan by Powerflo, bought by mistake ( 70 psi)

20231216_134414.jpg

Reactions: Living The Dream

Luky

Name
Mario

I'm glad you have a first-hand experience. Did you bolt it down? Is it positioned vertically or horizontally? It is quieter like they say in the description, and it cycles off and on faster than the pump without an expansion tank?
Can you give us more details about the operation of the pump?
Thanks

Reactions: Living The Dream

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I'm glad you have a first-hand experience. Did you bolt it down? Is it positioned vertically or horizontally? It is quieter like they say in the description, and it cycles off and on faster than the pump without an expansion tank?
Can you give us more details about the operation of the pump?
Thanks
Bolted down horizontally on the floor between my fresh tank and machine but I believe it can be mounted vertically as well.
Mine is quiet and can't be heard over the truckmount anyway.
As far as cycling you have a draw down time as the bladder looses pressure when you use water so the pump actually runs longer cycles but not as frequent. No constant ON/OFF cycling which eats up demand pumps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom