Best perfroming green chemical

brocksdad

I going through the change to offer green as an option. What chemicals have you all found to work the best?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i really like green balance from bridgepoint, works as well as my usual residential chemical. no bull.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Your going to get alot of replies but from what my "green" customers use I can tell you
1. I sell ALOT of Procyon
2. When Procyon doesn't cut it I give them Axiom to try and they switch

3. Call me and you pay for shipping and I'll send you some of each to try

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
have used Trashed Green, Axiom and Plant Guard

toss up between Trashed Green and Plant Guard but Plant Guard smelles better, Axiom came in 3rd for me

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Please define "green" first, if you can

BTW, Simple Green kicks azz
have defoamer on hand for heavy RTU dilutions

..L.T.A.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Quantum green from vacaway works very good mixed at 3-4 oz. per gallon.

brocksdad

I definetly don't mean simple green, that stuff makes me violently ill all most emediatly after smelling it.

I mean green seal approved

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
AHHH, "Green Seal" approved, thanks

could you share what GS stipulates for a chem to qualify as "GS approved"?

BTW, i was being facetious when I mentioned Simple Green.

it was really used to drive home the point of what "green" means.
cause there is an AWFUL lot marketing bull-only going on with the "green" thingie

do you know what criteria Green Seal uses?
I don't. I was hopeful you could educate me

..L.T.A.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry;

It's simple.

Green Seal would not certify about 98% of the carpet formulations at your favorite distributor...

Mainly because the raw materials do not have detailed biodegradation studies.

And, of course, you can have no solvents or phosphates in your prespray.

And it should be formulated to work in 50° cold water.

Green Seal is a terrible standard.
Here is the actual GS-37 standard for carpet cleaners:
http://www.greenseal.org/certification/standards/GS-37_Industrial_Cleaner_Standard.pdf

CRI's Seal of Approval is much better.

Larry Cobb

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
As far as SIMPLE GREEN they advertised it as cleaning up the Alaska oil spills.

It contains BUYTL..............go figure.

Green this and that is just marketing BS to sell more product.

Just like SHAMPOO was renamed eNcAPSuLATiON.

Name
I'm Rick James
I've been using Planet Guard. Work good for me. I also use biokleen and other green products.

Green is still in the baby stage and probley wont peak for a few more years. I think this industry is still trying to figure out what green is. Green is so many things, not just the chemicals you use. For many it is a marketing concept, for some its more than just using green products its a belief and action.

Its funny that a product that is healthier for you, better for the enviroment, ect gets such a negative rap on BB's. I think alot of people are sick and tired of the green movement and everything associated with it, some say its just a passing trend like bellbottom pants. But the fact remains green cleaning is healthier for you and the customer and is here to stay.

Brocksdad, its a good business move that you are offering green products because the customers are becoming more aware. I feel in the future, green cleaning is going to be a hugh part of the industry and a hugh part of the customer decision in choosing a cleaner.

:mrgreen:

The Preacher

i liked the Axiom when i tried it. i also used Soap Free, don't know if it's green or not, but it worked real well!!!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The Green One said:
Its funny that a product that is healthier for you, better for the enviroment, ect gets such a negative rap on BB's.

I stongly disagree, Bro.
It's all the bull-snot associated with it.
There isn't a standard of what "green" is.
That makes it ripe for snake oil salesmen to dupe gullible jamokes .
See my example of Simple Green

The Green One said:
I think alot of people are sick and tired of the green movement and everything associated with it

Perhaps they're getting wise to all the marketing BULL-only??
maybe too, they associate it with the extreme wacko types of the movement?

The Green One said:
because the customers are becoming more aware.

are they? or just ripe to be duped by the misleading marketing?
i wish they would become more aware, actually educated would be more accurate.
Cause the uneducated are easy prey to a sleazy marketer with a good line of BS.

Personally, I'd like to see Gov set standards of what qualifies as "green"

I'm also curious of those that are "green" cleaners.
have you switched laundry detergents at home?
Laundry spotters?
Toilet bowl cleaners?
All purpose cleaner?
Ammoniated widow cleaners?
Oven cleaner?
Body soap?
Shampoo?
Of coarse, none of you use BLEACH do you? (gasp)

..L.T.A.

Name
I'm Rick James
Meat,

EPA's guideline for green cleaning

Minimizes exposure to concentrates
No ozone depleting substances
Recyclable packging
Recycled-content in packaging
Reduced bioconcentration factor
Reduced flammability
Reduced or no added dyes, except when added for safety purposes
Reduced or no added fragrances
Reduced or no skin irritants
Reduced or no volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
Reduced packaging

I do agree that there is green washing going around and companies and products promote green that are not. Some companies use it for pure marketing and lie to consumers. If people are really into green cleaning they should educate themself about what green cleaning is and not rely on what companies claim they offer. Yeah man there are salesmen out there saleing simple green and other "green" products that contains known neuro toxins like butyl. Its tragic people do that and I would like to see tougher regulation rergarding that.

When I was referring to people getting sick and tired of the green movement I was talking more about BB cleaners. Its the brittney spears effect. If you have something in your face everywhere, being told new things, people tend to get sick of it and start to feel negative about it or they are not educated.

Customers are becomeing more aware and educated about green cleaning, some more than others and yes some do fall to the sleazy marketers with a good line of BS. Thats why personal education is important in all aspects of life or trust a known company that is truthful and does not green wash. They are out there, you are talking to one now, meat.

So since you know what green is and want to buy a green product you can look online to see if its really green or not. its easy to avoid green washing, those lying bastards that prey upon consumers. Its simple and easy. The facts are out there if you want to know them. Like I said give green cleaning more time, the higher ups will get there sh!t together and make it easy to understand with standards you could be proud of.

Yes i do use green cleaning products at home, because I believe in green cleaning. Its not that hard to go green with your cleaning products for home use, Biokleen has some great cleaning products out.(yes there traffic cleaner could be better) You should really try their soy line it really does work. :shock:

Walt

I don't think that people mind the shades of Green. I think it's the down right deception and lies that offends most of us.

There is a local cleaner who sprays Release-it and then scrubs it with a CRB and calls it done. He markets himself as a green cleaner. "it's made with tea tree oil" he says, "it natural and it's green." It makes me ashamed to even be associated with "green" cleaning.

I don't think there will ever be an one shoe fits all certification that everyone will agree with.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
And, of course, you can have no solvents or phosphates in your prespray.

What are they using for a solvent Larry?. I looked at the GS site and lists a lot that seem to have some kind of solvent (orange) and hydrogen peroxide. I take it Dlimone is a solvent?

Albert

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Another good product Jim, nice call. Sorry I didn't get to stick around yesterday to see how the rest of the class went but thanks for coming up to teach it. The guys seemed to take well to the info given.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The Green One said:
Meat,

EPA's guideline for green cleaning

Minimizes exposure to concentrates
No ozone depleting substances
Recyclable packging
Recycled-content in packaging
Reduced bioconcentration factor
Reduced flammability
Reduced or no added dyes, except when added for safety purposes
Reduced or no added fragrances
Reduced or no skin irritants
Reduced or no volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
Reduced packaging

That does help, thanks.
Now help with this one.

how much of a "reduction" of those things are needed?
Theoretically, couldn't a sleazy marketer make a 1% "reduction" of ingredients and stick a BIG BOLD label on it something like;

NOW SAFER and GEENER THAN EVER!!!!
???

That's a reason many of us are skeptical of the green movement.
Also, many on the extreme end of the movement would out right ban many chems that can and are used "responsibly"

side note, I found the MSDS for Simple Green.
I was surprised to learn it's made in Ca were regs on many chems used are very stringent

Material Safety Data Sheet: All-Purpose Simple Green® Cleaner
Version No. 1601608A Date of Issue: March 2008 ANSI-Z400.1-2003 Format
Section 1: PRODUCT & COMPANY IDENTIFICATION
Product Name: All-Purpose Simple Green® Cleaner (READY-TO-USE)
Company: Sunshine Makers, Inc.
15922 Pacific Coast Highway
Huntington Harbour, CA 92649 USA
Telephone: 800-228-0709 ? 562-795-6000 Fax: 562-592-3830
Emergency Phone: Chem-Tel 24-Hour Emergency Service: 800-255-3924
Use of Product: All-Purpose Simple Green® Cleaner is a ready-to-use cleaning product and can be used undiluted on
any water-safe surface.

Section 2: HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION
Emergency Overview: CAUTION. Mild eye irritant.
All-Purpose Simple Green® is a green liquid with a sassafras fragrance
HMIS Rating:
Health = 1 = slight
Fire = 0
Reactivity, and Special = 0 = minimal
Eye Contact: Mild Eye Irritant.
Skin Contact: No adverse effects expected under typical use conditions. Prolonged exposure may cause dryness. Under
this condition, use of gloves or skin moisturizer after washing may be indicated.
Ingestion: May cause stomach or intestinal upset if swallowed (due to detersive properties.)
Inhalation: No adverse effects expected under typical use conditions. Adequate ventilation should be present when
using over a prolonged period of time. Open windows or ventilate via fan or other air-moving equipment
if necessary.

Carcinogens: No ingredients are listed by OSHA, IARC, or NTP as known or suspected carcinogens.
Medical Conditions: No medical conditions are known to be aggravated by exposure to All-Purpose Simple Green®
Cleaner. Dermal-sensitive users may experience mild but reversible reactions.
UN Number: Not Required Dangerous Goods Class: Non-hazardous
Section 3: COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS

The only ingredient of All-Purpose Simple Green® Cleaner with established exposure limits is undiluted 2-butoxyethanol
(<1%) (Butyl Cellosolve; CAS No. 111-76-2): the ACGIH TLV-TWA is 20 ppm (97 mg/m3). Based upon chemical
analysis, Simple Green® Multi-Purpose Cleaner & Wipes contain no known EPA priority pollutants, heavy metals or
chemicals listed under RCRA, CERCLA, or CWA. Analysis by TCLP (Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure)
according to RCRA revealed no toxic organic or inorganic constituents.
All components of All-Purpose Simple Green® Cleaner are listed on the TSCA Chemical Substance Inventory.

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Walt said it best

Walt said:
I don't think that people mind the shades of Green. I think it's the down right deception and lies that offends most of us.

A guy like Walt (and you) that does their homework and are honest and don't use FEAR tactic marketing is well and good with me.

Tell me what you'd think if a sleazy FEAR marketer came in behind you and claimed you were applying chems that have a KNOWN DEADLY effect that KILLS living things on contact?
he wouldn't be lieing
He'd just neglect to mention that DEADLY killer is peroxide

..L.T.A.

Name
I'm Rick James
"how much of a "reduction" of those things are needed?
Theoretically, couldn't a sleazy marketer make a 1% "reduction" of ingredients and stick a BIG BOLD label on it something like;

NOW SAFER and GEENER THAN EVER!!!!"

Meat,

Sure a sleazy marketer can do and say that. This is were the education comes into play. Your right look at simple green, it contains a known neuro toxin and they market it a green. This is were regulation can come into play and like I mention I feel the regulations will be coming and more known to the public in the years to come. But if you know what to look for now you can avoid being green washed. There are green products out there, that are really green. Come, come over to the green side.......... :shock:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Albert;

Solvent allowed depends on the classification:

Carpet cleaners, diluted as used, can only have 1/10 of 1% (not enough).

Hard Surface cleaners as used, can have 1% (10 times the amount allowed carpet cleaners).

Makes no sense.

Larry

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Larry is powermax green. I know it cleans like a bitch on crack with ocd

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Greg;

It depends on your definition.

The solvent is d-Limonene, which I consider green.

The oxidizer is percarbonate, oxygen producer, which I consider green.

The pH is 11, which is higher than most green products, but helps oil emulsification.

Larry

Name
I'm Rick James
Matt Murdock said:
Larry is powermax green. I know it cleans like a bitch on crack with ocd

You say your green what products do you clean with?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I don't say I am green anymore I offer green cleaning with Axiom but my main cleaner is Cobbs Powermax which kicks the piss out of JJ and my rinse is JJ Rinse or If I am in a pinch Prochems all fiber

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom