Best tip ever today.

ButlerFrank

Name
Frank Ellerker
Had a customer give me a whole house generator today. The only thing wrong with it is the metal case is rusted at the bottom. Apparently a sprinkler was hitting it and it rusted over time. She said her husband told her to just have the whole thing replaced. Told me there was nothing wrong with it other than the case. Just got done unloading it, I don't think I gave to worry about anyone running off with it. Bout killed us.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Never mind the casing, Frank. Elevate it off the ground a bit, put an aluminum shed around it and count yourself lucky.

That was some wonderful tip you got!

Reactions: ButlerFrank
Name
Matt Ross
I have a 9000k watt generator. When power is out for more than a few hours, it's priceless. I don't mind the power being out. But I do mind all the food going bad in the freezer and fridge. And coffee in the morning is nice.

Reactions: ButlerFrank

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I installed a 20kw generator a couple of years ago with an automatic transfer switch. We live in a rural area and end up being last on the list to get power restored when it is out.

It sure is nice knowing that when storms are kicking up, our power won't be out for more than 30 seconds.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom