Best $$$Tip$$$ EVER.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Being a hack, I have as much time to visit as the customer wants.
Yeah, I’ve eaten meals in skanky homes and smiled over lousy coffee. I’ve even sat and wept while an older vet told me through tears how his best friend was beheaded with a machete during the Bay of Pigs invasion. We smoked a cigarette and talked shop for hours.

In the end, it is about just being there for someone who needed to borrow you a little while.

It’s probably why I can’t have nice things...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
She even offered me a Dr. Pepper, but i’m watchig my weight so I respectfully declined.

I once asked a rotund dude at the shop why he drank crappy tasting diet pop with his potato chips
He told me it allowed him to eat two bags of chips ..fo-reel

some folks, (the older "Ole World" tradition type in particular) can be offended if you refuse.
you should graciously accept their offerings

if no intentions of sampling or eating it, tell them you don't eat while working, then LIE and tell them you'll enjoy it on the way to the next job

don't refuse offerings for Ole World folks ...you'll unknowingly offend.

stoopies

..L.T.A.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
^yeah if I'm sticking to my personal preference of diet which is 1st meal of day bout 1pm low carb based. It feels rude saying no to the older generation of farmers housewives who generally have roasted cold cut sandwiches appearing before lunch... gonna drop 5kg next 2 wks is the plan

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
It feels rude saying no

often is to "them"

will say, anyone that doesn't at least sample fresh from oven, gooey choc-chip loaded Tollhouse cookies (extra credit if walnuts added) is all fooked-up

if they happen to taste like sand and cardboard, YOU LIE and say "they're wonderful"

kinda hard to mess up Tollhouse though...as long as they're loaded with gooey choc-chips, they're edible
ants and mouse droppings notwithstanding..cuz bugs 'n bacteria gets killt in the oven anyway

..L.T.A.

Reactions: J Scott W

Fabpro

Name
Raymond Fabrizio
I had a customer hand me a water bottle,and when I went to open it I noticed the cap wasn't sealed. Turns out she would drink the water then refill it at her sink,cap it and put in refrigerator. Not sure if she even cleaned the bottle. Doesn't seem like a easy thing to wash properly.

Reactions: Mikey P

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I would almost never eat anything from a customer's house.
Probably for the same reason as I don't eat at restaurants where I've been to the back and seen their operations and kitchen. (unless it's a famous and immaculate kitchen)

I know I'm picky who I eat with and what...

In and out?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Larry , I think most of us understand the subtleties of graciously accepting offered up food -with a smile.

But then discard them....

I wouldn't tell a person "ey mon, yo kicchen reeks an grimes... I no will toucch yor fooo..d."

Reactions: Dolly Llama

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I had a customer hand me a water bottle,and when I went to open it I noticed the cap wasn't sealed. Turns out she would drink the water then refill it at her sink,cap it and put in refrigerator. Not sure if she even cleaned the bottle. Doesn't seem like a easy thing to wash properly.

Sure it is! It’s called back wash!:angry::dejection::eekk::oldrolleyes:

Reactions: jcooper

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Larry , I think most of us understand the subtleties of graciously accepting offered up food -with a smile.

But then discard them....

I wouldn't tell a person "ey mon, yo kicchen reeks an grimes... I no will toucch yor fooo..d."
Or cat piss

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
In the end, it is about just being there for someone who needed to borrow you a little while.

I kinda feel like a bartender and actor at work. Bartender - people like to talk, actor- you really need the ability to turn off the crabbiness at the door.

some folks, (the older "Ole World" tradition type in particular) can be offended if you refuse.
you should graciously accept their offerings

Larry is right.

Learned long ago... Whatever they give you take it. Even if it's only a glass of water, take it...

Reactions: Old Coastie
Name
James Marsh
I got a good tip today also. I had a small redo. She tried to pay and I say I can't take money for a redo. She said she gets tips at her job and she really wanted me to have it. It was folded up in a little square. I didn't even looked at it as I put it in my wallet. Later in the day I open my wallet up to pay for my drink. I open up the little square and it was 150 dollars. It wasn't even a nice house.

Name
James Marsh
My best tip was from this lady that herd my family just had a baby. She made me this homemade scrapbook for baby pictures. I could tell she spent a lot of time making it. I have great customers.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I have a real hard time taking things from people. I always get offered water and soda and decline. I feel like I’m already charging enough for a premium service. I know this is a personal thing. I guess I’m priced right since I work on the theory “Don’t price yourself so high that the customer is uncomfortable but price your work so high you feel uncomfortable”. Just kidding about that, but that saying has always stuck with me.

I’ve always felt uncomfortable taking things from customers. I tell them to just give me a review if they are happy.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
The absolute worst I ever had to choke back was duck egg cake brought over from China. It gets buried for 6 months and is considered to be a delicacy. I had to lick a dog's ass to get the taste out of my mouth.

steve_64

I got a good tip today also. I had a small redo. She tried to pay and I say I can't take money for a redo. She said she gets tips at her job and she really wanted me to have it. It was folded up in a little square. I didn't even looked at it as I put it in my wallet. Later in the day I open my wallet up to pay for my drink. I open up the little square and it was 150 dollars. It wasn't even a nice house.
That $150 was a down payment.

steve_64

I have a real hard time taking things from people. I always get offered water and soda and decline. I feel like I’m already charging enough for a premium service. I know this is a personal thing. I guess I’m priced right since I work on the theory “Don’t price yourself so high that the customer is uncomfortable but price your work so high you feel uncomfortable”. Just kidding about that, but that saying has always stuck with me.

I’ve always felt uncomfortable taking things from customers. I tell them to just give me a review if they are happy.
Premium service?
Sucking piss for $200? Lol

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom