Best truck mount to grow into?

F

FB7777

While I am partial to Butler , I have the best of both worlds ( they happen to be only 1.5 hours away) and their units are extremely reliable

Marty asked the best question, especially if you're considering a slide in

Talk to your local guy about reliability , ( your dealer may prefer working on and have a stronger relationship with one company over another ) see what they suggest and then ask again here to find out if their choice lines up with opinion here

I've always thought that the guys who choose slide ins tend to be very handy mechanically

All machines have issues eventually , and with techs I believe a direct drive/PTO platform will give you less grief and less problematic for the tech

Heck, with some techs it's enough for the them to not have clogged jets and clogged filters that kill performance results

Let alone trying to troubleshoot a slide in

Name
Nate W.
Is EFI worth it or just another thing to go wrong? I'm also curious on the way the E-Idle works on the Everest?

@jwfoulk12 Explained the way it works in a way I could understand it.. It's a great concept but the computer setting on it may not make it as easy as one thinks.. I was set on getting an E-idle until he explained it..

@Tim Baker Is also a wealth of knowledge...

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If the EFI can make you more money, yes get it. If there's no financial advantage, then it's a waste of money. I don't see it making the machine perform any better than the others

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Just back from a commercial job that was 300 feet from the van. Didn't feel any different than being 100 feet from the van.
The Butler/Devastator wand combo can't be beat.
But I think you are talking about upgrading whatever you currently have in your existing van so I agree that what ever you can get serviced quickly and locally that is a step up from what ever you have. Look forward to finding out what you bought.

Reactions: FB7777
F

FB7777

The initial wording of the question reminds me of some guys that fall for the ' buy the best and the business will follow'

I never bought a piece of equipment that I wasn't putting in service due to business demand

There's lots of shiny ' near new' units on the used TM websites

Usually from goobers that bought the pitch , bit the bullet , borrowed heavily and will get bent over when the realize they have to take a $10-15K haircut on the purchase to unload it

It's just a truckmount.... it has nothing to do with the growth of your business

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
The initial wording of the question reminds me of some guys that fall for the ' buy the best and the business will follow'

I never bought a piece of equipment that I wasn't putting in service due to business demand

There's lots of shiny ' near new' units on the used TM websites

Usually from goobers that bought the pitch , bit the bullet , borrowed heavily and will get bent over when the realize they have to take a $10-15K haircut on the purchase to unload it

It's just a truckmount.... it has nothing to do with the growth of your business
I agree

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Because if the need for a new van, I wouldn't consider any van powered system as "grow into" system.

Slide in, look at a liquid cooled power plant. Don't over buy if you'll never have a need for dual wand.

A second setup is much more advantageous as you grow. Great to have as a back up, use for separate entry points on commercial and the ability to go to multiple locations.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Is EFI worth it or just another thing to go wrong? I'm also curious on the way the E-Idle works on the Everest?

We have tried a 31 HP EFI engine for a couple of years. The EFI computer spit out false codes frequently. It did not deliver the fuel savings promised.

It was more prone to damage from water and oil intrusion.

Regardless, it is good in hi-altitude locations.

In the near future, most small engines will be forced into EFI for emission regulations.

sincity870

Name
Jeff
is a fuel savings of a few dollars a job really the sole factor of buying a unit? Stopping and buying lunch at a fast food place will cost you more than what you are looking at in fuel savings. Ive never understood why people get so wrapped up in "can I save ½ gallon per job".

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
EFI systems will be better eventually.

The initial ones had issues from overheating on the water-cooled engines, to water and oil intrusion.

Slowly, those problems are being worked out.

F

FB7777

Whatever the future of the cleaning power plant is Ill be reading about from my retirement home

Reactions: Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom