Best truck mount to grow into?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Having my mother inlaw in a home I couldn't afford the 6 grand a month .

F

FB7777

I'm talking gated community on or near the Ocean

Not bedpans and nurses

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
4e732b008ede89151e20b45c565ff5d8.jpg

Reactions: rick imby

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm really leaning towards the Titan. Have you had any issues? Did you buy yours new?
I bought it brand new. There were a couple very small issues. But it wasn't because of the design. Those could've happened on any brand machine, and it DID NOT hurt the performance OR reliability of the machine. If I could do it all over again...I'd buy another Titan and wouldn't think twice about it. Support from Hydramaster is 5star.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Chris A

Name
Chris
When I bought my dad's business in 07 it came with a ten year old Chevy van and CDs. The truck was tired, and the machine has some issues so I bought a brand new Chevy/cds for $1200/month. I really wasn't in the position to buy new but it helped to have the stability of new equipment as we grew the business

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
The initial wording of the question reminds me of some guys that fall for the ' buy the best and the business will follow'

I never bought a piece of equipment that I wasn't putting in service due to business demand

There's lots of shiny ' near new' units on the used TM websites

Usually from goobers that bought the pitch , bit the bullet , borrowed heavily and will get bent over when the realize they have to take a $10-15K haircut on the purchase to unload it

It's just a truckmount.... it has nothing to do with the growth of your business
Fred,
I have to disagree on some of your points. I have started two businesses from almost nothing, so I have some experience in this subject.

Most of the people in this business that are not successful don’t have the proper training or are to lazy to put the effort into creating a successful service company.

The first business was started with an old station wagon and used portable equipment. It was difficult getting the customers to take you seriously when your equipment is not any different than your competitors. I went thru a time when I bought a van one year and a truck mount the next and spent a lot of time getting the right shelving, water tank, hose reels, etc. After I switched to Butlers with the organized and complete setup, I spent more time promoting and improving the business and less time organizing and maintaining equipment.

The second time I went top shelf out of the gate with the idea that I would work away from the price shopper and concentrate on the upper end of the market. I run the Aerotech now because it provides the effeciancies to do more work in less time.

Back
Top Bottom