Best wand for bad back!!!

Name
John
Got some bulging discs and other back problems. Is the zipper the best option? Have an RX 20 but it’s a beast. Any opinions thoughts?
Thanks

steve_64

I'm a pussy too

Really liking the single jet inch and a half wand I got with the butler. Its helped with the carpal tunnel elbow and shoulder pain too.

Reactions: hogjowl

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Glided mach 12 titanium. Light weight, glides easily and leaves the carpet as dry as any other wand. Learn to use it left handed. Rotovac and zipper are good but you need someone to manage your hose. Otherwise you will be one handing it and causing the same problem

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
If you’ve been using the RX, then the rotovac will help you a lot!! If you’re thinking zipper, a 13in. is not a bad choice. Both of those are lighter by far. I know this sounds crazy to some, but an aluminum would help.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I've got 1 collapsed lower disc and 2 with thinning upper back/neck, find a good chiropractor they are like carpet cleaners they all do something but not all are worth employing

Look at your technique try and maintain straight back/leg and arm movements

Even the so called ergo wands are waaay behind when you compare with ergo tools from other industries

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Any chiropractor can pop your back doesn't mean they're any good

A good chiro will do funtional movement tests at the start of every session, after assessing what you can or cant do they make adjustments

You can then pass the funtional movement tests that you failed at the beginning

A good 1 will also generally tell you that you will be in a lot more pain initially after the first few sessions ie it gets worse before it gets better

Shop your chiros ask questions before as to what to expect and what they do

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
As you can tell from the different answers everybody is different.
I did not find the Rotovac easier (more of twisting your back motion) which for some can be worse.
Not the Zipper either which strained my back on the pulling motion.
I'd think that a holed glide will give you easiest motion (I like the PCti wand), but then you'd need more vacuuming which again, is hard on the back.

Chiros and such are good but still a band aid. I second the suggestion of doing exercises designed to strengthen your core. It certainly helped me a great deal with my back problem.

Last edited:

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Most shoes today including insoles and arch support, etc can add to back problems. Allow your feet to move freely to strengthen foot muscles. Look into minimalist shoes...they have help a great deal along with exercise weight training to whip the muscles back into shape. As someone said above, strengthen the core and everything will follow.

hogjowl

Idiot™
4613AA4A-65C6-4AD6-92B3-F3E397509F22.png
can you take a photo of what the means?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Yoga can exacerbate the issue with a problem disk.
Exercises need to be the right ones for the problem. Otherwise they may inflame or make the issue worse.

In my experience and I've done them all (well.... most) physical therapists are the best solution. They work on correcting the core issues (not band aid like Chiros, massage or pain killers etc.) And they give you the tools to take care of it by yourself, without the need to come back.

You just need to make a commitment and follow through with doing all the exercises. No miracle but it works the best and in the long run both cheaper and better for your health.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom