Best way to clean a rug that has bad dog oil smells...?

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
I have a rug that is laid on by 2 large dogs. It's wool. I used master blends anti allergen deordorizer, followed by skunk off, fine fabric shampoo and soaked in a bath. Sqeegeed out, steam cleaned....

Still smells like dog pretty bad. Any suggestions?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
did you soak it in the skunk out in the Pit? Alot of times with the oils and such, you can also throw a little Masterblend air wash in as well to help out.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
I haven't tried the other Air Wash product before. What does this product do?

" I know the difference between "wool" smell and dog smell :) "

This is definitely dog smell. Can I use a citrus boost product in the shampoo to help break down the grease and oils from the dogs?

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
If I had a rug smelled due to a dog . Yes the citra solve would help . It does break down grease right (dog oils) You should have gotten rid of the smell in a pit . :)

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
For wall to wall the only process we have used successfully for REAL BAD dog smell (not urine) like from a lab:
1 Vac until it is clean
2 Prespray high ph and extract well (rx is best)
3. Prespray with solvent we use oil flow and extract with rx again
4. Heavy after spray with Benefect and rake in
5. Set up blowers and a small dehu and an ozone machine (we use the sonozair 330)
6. Come back in 2 days
7. Also may need duct and hard surface cleaning
It works. These were "Get it out or we replace" rental jobs. We charge about a buck a sf. Replace carpet pad inc. install, metal &misc is about 2.50 for real cheap stuff so it works if it is in good shape.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
skunk out has enough solvency that it will your dog oil and any odor problem almost 95% of the time if you give it enough dwell time in a pit. Air Wash basically ups the odor fighting power. I haven't had a need for it yet myself so I can't attest to the product but Aaron G. was suggesting this product if you have a rug that has a really strong dog oiled rug that is sticking with the rug.

Name
I'm Rick James
bensurdi said:
I haven't tried the other Air Wash product before. What does this product do?

" I know the difference between "wool" smell and dog smell :) "

This is definitely dog smell. Can I use a citrus boost product in the shampoo to help break down the grease and oils from the dogs?

The outer shell of a wool fiber is very abrasive, scale like and can trap and hold alot. This rug has alot of dog oil and dander in it. i dont think all the loose dry soil was fully removed prior to cleaning. This rug need to have the rug badger to get all that crap out and maybe needs to be soaked.

Are you able to use a scrubber on it?

Let me know if you need any help, I can find time next week. I am all booked up monday, tuesday, thursday and limited time on wed and friday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom