Bidding Carpet and Tile Jobs to a Maid Service

mikepo

I had an opportunity dropped in my lap by a fairly large residential maid service. They asked me to prepare a proposal to offer my carpet and tile services as an add-on to their services. Has anyone bid a similar proposal?

Right now I have no idea if we’re talking 2 or 10 jobs / day or 2 or 50 jobs / week. So my thought is to tie the maid service’s payment to the volume of carpet & tile cleaning sales per week.. The question is how much? While he’s giving me clients the love goes both ways in that I allow him to add/market a new service to attract and keep customers. What would you offer 10% of the cut? 15%?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you're operating on a referral the about 10% is good...but that goes both ways.
You may ask for a higher % on their first job you give them because the ticket might be lower and they may be doing the job every week...you get paid once.
You will make out on the move in/outs

Are they scheduling, are they just referring? Are you a part of them or are you a separate entity?

At the most basic level, let them have 10% off the top.
You are providing a valuable add-on service for them that will make them more appealing to their customer at the very least.

mikepo

Brian

Thanks for the guidance

The maid service is referring my services right now so 10% was where I wanted to begin. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Mike

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
mikepo said:
Brian

Thanks for the guidance

The maid service is referring my services right now so 10% was where I wanted to begin. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Mike

Cool, that's what I was running at with my maid service.
Just remember to try to get them work as well. Every house you go into "We provide a maid service too".
I say that if you give more than you get, you will get more than you ever dreamed.

Good luck, keep us posted

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I did this with a small maid service company. We cleaned the home of the owner of the Maid Service and she was impressed. We paid 10% if they referred us. With most of the jobs they also scheduled the work and collected along with their fees for maid service. In that situation, they got 20%. I got several jobs a year. Not a lot of jobs, but the jobs they booked for me tended to be large jobs.

I charged my regular prices. I felt it was a good deal as I would have spent 20% on marketing anyway.

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
I did this for a year I gave them 20%. If I ever do this agin I will charge my rate and tell them if they want 20% then add it to my bill. No more discounting my work. Your never going to make any money by discounting your work. Your not going to make it up in volume.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Price it normal like you would, have them cut you a check for a lil less. Build a strong relationship with them and you'll do A Lot of work : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Back
Top Bottom