Big Blower Question

Farenheit251

Not so many big trucks here in central Fla. Talking 59 blower and up. Never got to use one except in parking lot at connections.
At 41 years pains and strains on a weekly basis are the norm,fortunately they move around. How much more strenuous do you find it to clean w/ monster vac? Brian E

Mikey P

Administrator
You'll want to use a 2" wand and 2.5 hose to get the full benefit but other then that it's no more effort then using a porty IF you have a hole glide.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I have a Butler with the 47 blower I always run on mach II for carpet cleaning. When I switched to a 2" Ti wand and 2 1/2" vac hose I really felt the difference physically, holed GG and all. I also wonder how the Big Truck guys do it. Especially the ones with the twiggy tattooed arms.

wired

Big Blowers

I also have a butler and went to two and half inch hose fifty feet with the GG wand . Did a house the other day bumped the wall with the wand and the glide came off . I thought let me see if I can clean without it. No way It was hell to try to move that wand. Put the glide back on I was in heaven. Carpet almost dry by the time I leave. Ha

Matt King

IMO the big factors are wands,glides and hose sizes. True story, we were cleaning an events center in town about a year and a half ago. My helper started on the job using the Sizzler36 and I showed up later in my other truck that had a Genesis59. The Sizzler set up had a standard 1.5" Steam genie wand he was using. On my truck I had a 1.5" PMF wand and my Stanley 2" wand. The 59 made great use of the 2" wand. Neither 1.5" wand had a glide. About 20 minutes in the valve cracked on my Stanley wand so I hooked up a short whip hose and the 1.5" wand to finish the job. We were both out about 200 feet working back towards the trucks and I'm telling you there was ZERO difference between the 2 wands 'power wise' . I was playing back and forth between the 2. To get the higher heat I had to run the Genesis at higher rpm so the blower was spinning pretty fast although I don't recall the rpm. My point is, when using the 1.5" wands w/8ft. 1.5" whip hoses the 59 didn't do any better than the 36. Same 200ft. lengths of 2" vac hose on each and Both machines had precision relief valves (Kunkle and Bayco). Simply put, you were only gonna pull so much cfm through that smaller tube. Right then and there everything was put into perspective for me. If you're not going to Use the power of the big blower there was no point in it. Guys running around using big blowers and choking them off with small hoses and wands are just wasting fuel.. The extra cfm is going out the relief valve and the drivetrain is working overtime when it doesn't need to. If you're using a 2 inch wand then the 59 blower will make you tired quick. However, add a glide and I think everything is effortless.. When I used my 2" Stanley wand with a holed Greenglide I could run it on either unit and push it just as easy as the other.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom