black smoke coming out when i start my machine

Name
Juan Carlos Lopez
i bought a 2004 genesis nxt 59 , but after 20 minutes shuts down so i replace the fuel pump and did not shut off but yesterday when i started it, black smoke came out for like 5 minutes, the fuel pump that it has before was the walbro gsl 395 so i got the same, what could it be now? thanks for your help!

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Getting to much gas. Is this engine carbureted or fuel injected? Does the black smoke go away when you increase the rpms? Bad fuel pressure regulator?

Name
Juan Carlos Lopez
it is fuel injected, yesterday it took like 10 minutes but turned it off because smelled and smoke! that was with new fuel pump , i put back the old pump today, and it did same!

Name
Juan Carlos Lopez
we changed the oil and air filter, wast tank filters are clean, with the old pump the engine runs fine, with new pump runs rough!

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I'm not familiar with the Nissan. Normally there is a procedure where you can turn the key on a certain amount of times and the run light on the front of the unit will begin to flash a sequence of codes. You may also be able to find a Nissan mechanic who can plug it into a computer to read the system.
The fuel pressure regulator typically is placed after the pump with a return line going back to the tank. Sometime the regulator is incorporated into the filter.
I'm sure there are guys here that are more familiar with the Nissan. It was widely use with a good reputation. Might want to post in the Hardware room.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
call the guys at wolfequipment.net they are the ones that made that machine. They make the wolf aloha 440 now.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
You might be dumping fuel into the engine through the fuel injector if it stuck open. I thought I might have an injector and regulator but I must have given them away when I sold mine. Call Mike Farmer at Zenith. He could help you. His number is 276-645-8632.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
The injector and regulator are easy to replace. they both are in the throttle body. Injector on top. Regulator on right side of throttle body towards front of vehicle. Injector costs around 150 or so.

Reactions: jcarloswestcoast

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
You can check the trouble codes by turning on the ignition. let it go through two or three sequences of blinks. I think the codes go from like 12 to 18. For code 12 it will once then twice more. For 13 it will blink once then 3 more times and so on. If you can find a Genesis manual online, it will have the codes in it.

Name
Juan Carlos Lopez
You can check the trouble codes by turning on the ignition. let it go through two or three sequences of blinks. I think the codes go from like 12 to 18. For code 12 it will once then twice more. For 13 it will blink once then 3 more times and so on. If you can find a Genesis manual online, it will have the codes in it.
thanks for your help

Name
Juan Carlos Lopez
took it to the shop , and fuel pressure regulator was replace, but they said that computer is not good, thats why it shuts down after 20 minutes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom