Blower Filter

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Would it be better to T off inside the tank and screw on a blower filter to each side of the T or will it not make a difference on restriction with just one filter vs having 2.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
One or two makes no difference - if the filter(s) are properly sized. One big or two little. One reason you may see two is on high cfm machines a single filter is physically too big to fit in the available space - thus two smaller filters. Maybe the inlet piping is 5 inch and the designer wants to use 3" filters... you get the idea. The amount of filter area and the pipe diameter needs to be sized large enough to minimize pressure drop either way.

Reactions: Spurlington

Able 1

Name
Keith
Draper put three on his Steam Punk... As long as you keep it clean not sure it would help much.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
An important detail is the open area of the stainless steel mesh.

We use a filter that has a greater open area for more CFM,

compared to "name brands".

Name
Jeff T
image.jpg
No. Filters are sized to not reduce airflow, yet protect the blower from particles that would damage it.
Are you sure?...... EVERYTHING in this industry is borrowed from somewhere else.....

Able 1

Name
Keith
Probably not stainless steel, no need for that with hydraulics..

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Flow Ezy's are originally designed for hydraulic fluid as well, I believe:

FlowEzy.jpg

Note that all the Flow Ezy filters are rated in gpm, not cfm...

Reactions: 1900 North

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Nothing wrong with using something for a purpose different than it's original design if it works as intended - way, way more cost effective than designing and manufacturing a custom part.

Name
Jeff T
Flow Ezy's are originally designed for hydraulic fluid as well, I believe:

View attachment 69683

Note that all the Flow Ezy filters are rated in gpm, not cfm...
Like I said, hydraulic filter.... Sorry 'sump strainer'..... Well, I guess the old machine I ran for 4 years is going to blow up.... I took the old filter in to hydraulics store, and he MATCHED the #'s.... I took it back to my shop, and ran it for 4 years.....

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I prefer a nylon connector and SS filter material. I once had a strainer that had a nylon connector with SS mesh filter material but the interior support material was mild steel which rusted badly and fell apart.

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom