Blower Info!

akgolfpro

I just spent abour 3 hours today with a guy that rebuilds blowers for over 35 years!

a coulpe of things he told me is that spraying the lube (z4, wd40) is a good idea! I asked him about water and he said doesn't recamend it but small amounts from like a spray bottle shouldn't hurt anything! he did say Deisel gas to clean the inside of the blower after sucking up some foam is also a good idea but it is probibley frouned apaun these days! he said just let it run a coulpe of minutes spray in some lube and shut her off!

He aslo said blowers should go 5000 hours if the Bearing and seals were replaced every 5 years!

He also said that the silencer is also important! useing a auto style muffler doesn't give the right backpressure and will shorten it's life!

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
:?: He may know how to take them apart and repair them but I question most of what was said. Not my experiance at all, and I have a blower that is 25 years old and over 10,000 hrs with no problems. I don't use a lub spray and never flush it.

akgolfpro

He did say the older blowers were made better! better steel! You must be doing something right! I think he was refering to my newer Tuthill

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Did you mean to say 50000 hours or 5000 hours. Even the most mechanically inept carpet cleaner should get 5000 hours from a blower.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom