Blower oil capacity

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I'm changing the oil in a 33 blower. The manual says 10.5 fl oz.

dyryduha.jpg

I drained 2 cups out of it. Anyone have experience with changing the oil in these and know how much I should use?
Thanks.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Depend on if the blower is vertical (pipes out sides) or horizontal (pipes out top and bottom).

In each spec noted above the larger volume is in horizontal configuration.

In either case yours' was overfilled, which is typical when someone doesn't know exactly how to check it, and just adds some out of guilt.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Also notice that the oil quantities listed in the table are approximate. To get the oil level exactly right, fill until the oil is level with the middle of the sight glass, if your blower has one. If it doesn't have a sight glass, then remove the oil overflow plug and fill until oil just starts to come out of the open overflow. Do this, of course, with the van parked on a level surface.

View attachment 5374

Last edited:

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
It doesn't have a sight glass. It does say in the manual to fill it until it starts to come out the overfill hole. It took 2 cups (16oz) to get there. Mine is mounted horizontal. I found another site that says the capacity is 16 oz.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I never worried about quantity. I unscrewed the site bolt and filled till I saw it coming out, replaced the bolt and put a little extra in. Couldn't tell you how much it took. Though I did use a 1Litre bottle, filled both sides of my blower and my pump and had some left.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I never worried about quantity. I unscrewed the site bolt and filled till I saw it coming out, replaced the bolt and put a little extra in. Couldn't tell you how much it took. Though I did use a 1Litre bottle, filled both sides of my blower and my pump and had some left.
So you use the same oil in both the blower & pump?

Back
Top Bottom