Blower on vacation ?

Name
jack zerkie
I just finished a job on friday. Just ready to run fresh water in vacum hose but it all stopped on it's own. Hydramaster 47 roots blower. Hey I know I should of had a Judson. Oh well the engine spins but not the blower. I had been cleaning a very dirty rental,maybe there was a lot of dawn soap in the carpet and it just stopped. I am open to any help from you. Thank You Jack Z.

JACK ZERKIE said:
I just finished a job on friday. Just ready to run fresh water in vacum hose but it all stopped on it's own. Hydramaster 47 roots blower. Hey I know I should of had a Judson. Oh well the engine spins but not the blower. I had been cleaning a very dirty rental,maybe there was a lot of dawn soap in the carpet and it just stopped. I am open to any help from you. Thank You Jack Z.

JACK,

If your down and you have work to do ASAP call me at home ASAP and I bet we can get that blower going.

864-242-0002

THANKS

LES

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
JACK ZERKIE said:
the engine spins but not the blower.

your profile says you run a MAX4700

I'm not really familiar with your TM other than I know it's HM slide-in
is your blower on a clutch??

if not...belts or coupler shredded if the engine will turn.
Maybe the blower or engine pulley sheared a key too and that's why the engine will turn.

Otherwise, a locked up blower will keep the engine from spinning too

..L.T.A.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Bet you busted your bucs.
Seriously, 27 years in the biz and you can't tell by looking at it what is broke?
Or is it a case of so much stuff on that 470D you can't see the coupler system?

T

The Magician

470 Maxx has belts no bucs sys. Have some one turn the key while you check the belts. Are the blower belts broke , is the blower trying to turn. Why where you putting fresh water in your vac. hose. Sounds like you flooded out the blower and could have froze the blower or slipping belts. When was the last time you checked the oil in the blower? 2 sight glasses on blower side. Let us know what caused the problem? After re reading I'm going to say it was too much foam in the blower.

if its not the belts then try putting a big pipe wrench on it and try to get it to move....I've seen them seize up and have been able to unseize them by putting a pipe wrench on it and getting it unstuck...always start with the basics...

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
loosen the end plate bolts a tad and let it soak in some water(yes fill it up)and it will break right loose!

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
could be a few things, like somebody already said the key could have come out of the keyway on the shaft, the engine and pulleys will still spin just fine but the pulley will just be spinning on the blower shaft, this has happened to me before

Greenie

didn't Jack say it was a busted shaft or something?
I know he put a new overpriced blower in it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom