blower question

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Steve;

The 5MP stands for Medium Pressure.

The 5LP stands for Low Pressure.

Vacuum level about 2" Hg. higher on the 5MP.

Airflow higher on the 5LP.

Larry Cobb

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Thanks Greenie
I was going to ask that.

So the 59 would be comparable to the LP
and 56 comparable to the MP??

I'm ASSuming the same would be true for the 4mp and lp

45 = mp
47 = lp

..L.T.A.

Greenie

the short answer = yes.

Although one manufacturer will claim 400 cfm, and another will claim 350 cfm with the same gear and lobe sizes, so someone is fibbin'.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
yes Greenie, I kind of get it but I believe you are being a smart ass

but this blower thing and trying to rate a machine without being able to demo it and the tall tales by the manufacturer are ridiculous

vortex capable of 1125 cfm
427 boxxer is like 385 cfm
genesis 59 850 cfm
thermal wave II with a 5.6 is like 425 cfm

Answer me this Greenie if you would, I realize that your answer is your opinion

with the newer tri lobe blowers and the dual splash why would a manufacturer still use a blower that had to be greased and still has older technology, Blueline seems to use older blower technology on the Thermal WaveII, which I get to test drive this coming week

John Watson

Steve, Let me jump in here before Jeff's answer. There is a very simple reason. Most carpet cleaners won't know the difference, they are probably less costly and even cheaper now with the tri lobe design. they don' want to change their design. Period.

MIKEY I LOVE YOUR SPELL CHECKER

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
with the newer tri lobe blowers and the dual splash why would a manufacturer still use a blower that had to be greased and still has older technology, Blueline seems to use older blower technology on the Thermal WaveII, which I get to test drive this coming week"

Steve, as I understand it, the tri lobes don't move as much air, but are quieter

Don't know about the dual splash blowers.
Have they been in TM applications all that long?
Will the front load end last as long?
Blowers are typically the longest running problem free component on TMs.
My reTIRED TM had 12,000 hours on the original Roots 45 and no work done on it other than maitenace.
Never sprayed WD-40 in it or anything like that.
I say if it ain't broke, why "fix" it?

...L.T.A.

Greenie

Steve, not trying to be a smart ass, at least not today. I was just trying to make an analogy that I knew you would quickly relate to.

This helps some guys see the picture clearly, I believe I first saw Stockwell post it like this:

36, 3006, 3L
45, 4005, 4M
47, 4007, 4L
56, 5006, 5M
59, 5009, 5L
68, 6008, 6M

Now, that said, I DO NOT think you should judge a machine by the sum of it's parts. There is more that goes into a well designed machine than just a few pieces of hardware. Also I would keep an eye on how fast a blower was spinning for true airflow, as well as plumbing size and efficiency, that will matter more than actual size.

Having run a dual splash tri-lobe blower daily, I must say I believe most of what you read and hear to be as much marketing as science.

Although true the charts show a tri-lobe to produce a little less cfm, and produce a few less decibels, and require a few less horsepower to operate at rated speed and lift than a bi-lobe, I think in the end they are pretty even.
I would not choose to buy a machine based upon this Bi/Tri criteria.

One you grease once a month, one you change the oil annually, not that big of a deal either way.

In fact I wouldn't buy any machine unless I had a good solid local distributor to support it. Better to be in a bad deal with good people, than a good deal with bad people.

I hope this helps at least one person out there.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Just giving you a bad time Mr. Greenie

another question, how much more cfm do you think you would get from setting the HG @ 13" compared to HG @ 15"

Genesis 59 is 850 cfm and is capacity of the blower but it is only spun @ 85% so cfm is really around 680 to 700 and the blower is directly off the waste tank where most other machines have a hose run from the blower to the waste tank

on the Genesis 59 would you be able to switch out the spring tension relief vacuum valve with a 15" Kunkle or Bayco valve or would it have to be put in a different place on the waste tank

how much of a cfm loss do you think there is

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
How much suck do you need when the average hose run is 75-100 feet?

Greenie

steve frasier said:
Just giving you a bad time Mr. Greenie

another question, how much more cfm do you think you would get from setting the HG @ 13" compared to HG @ 15"

Two inches of lift is respectable, you would feel that additional lift at the wand.

Genesis 59 is 850 cfm and is capacity of the blower but it is only spun @ 85% so cfm is really around 680 to 700 and the blower is directly off the waste tank where most other machines have a hose run from the blower to the waste tank

I forget if it was the Ford or Nissan I was running the numbers on, but one of them spun the blower at 2750 rpms, that is way above 85%, so I'm going to guess the cfm is over 700.

on the Genesis 59 would you be able to switch out the spring tension relief vacuum valve with a 15" Kunkle or Bayco valve or would it have to be put in a different place on the waste tank

On the two 59s I've been involved with, they welded a 3" nipple to the tank, I beleive it was important detail in the 3" bayco valve operating properly. Both ran well at 16" hg. Just tighten down the stock valve.

how much of a cfm loss do you think there is

I'm sure there is some, just look in the tank, unscrew the blower filters. Keep in mind the machine was originally set up for a 56 blower, which I'm sure performed very well as was. It's screaming out for some 2.5" hose and 2.5" tank barbs.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
but keep in mind that it was designed for a 56

what difference does it make, I start to think I feel comfortable but you have to keep adding the yeh but in the conversation. LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom