Blower relief valve help...

jgasaway

After about 5-10 swipes I am slowly losing my suction...(embarassing enough in the middle of a custy's home). Checked seal on tank (good), thought wand or line clog....(took some more time, but okay)..thought collapsed line...(helper says no)... Now the only thing I can see is that somehow the wing & nut on the blower relief valve has worked its way all the way down causing it to relieve the vacuum as soon as I put the wand to the carpet...the spring is tight and the ring inside the elbow looks fine...

Q: I only hand tightened it, started working and then it came back down again after about five mins....I take it I need to take a couple pairs of plyers and really wrench the wingnut and nut against each other??? I had never had any prob's with it before...assuming all the vibration of the machine eventually caused this?

**Also, how do you guage how tight to make it....??***

Thanks for any input fellas....
Jeff

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
To adjust the relief valve
-loosen relief valve adjusting nut
-operate unit at normal operating speed
-block off vac port at front of unit
-adjust operating speed if necessary
-while watching your vac gauge, tighten relief valve adjusting nut until the valve is fully open at the targeted hg setting

jgasaway

Thanks...I wanted to be sure before I did it wrong and took a chance and burning up the blower...

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Toss the wing nut and get another regular nut you can put a wrench on.

Then after you have it adjusted correctly lock the two nuts together.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
If it still seems to loosing vac then check the blower belt tension. Could be slipping under greater hgs.

Back
Top Bottom