Blowers

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So what is the better blower? Roots or Sutorbilt. I have talked with different people and it's like asking if you are a ford or chevy guy.
Which one have you had the best luck with or seen with the most hours and still running?

Thank You

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
The roots moves more air on the 45 blower. Maybe Larry will tell us what he likes and why.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Then you need to decide 2 or 3 lobes
If that's still an option

Those square ones with odd numbers seem to have higher lift capabilities

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
In our use most two-lobe Roots and Sutorbuilts will last 10,000 hours +. We've had two early failures with Roots blowers, one having an impeller shatter and one having a crankshaft shatter. Pretty reliable part of your cleaning unit if you change the oil and keep the bearings lubed.

Since HydraMaster switched to tri-lobe Tuthills we've had zero problems with them.

sevenmacs

Name
Steve McNamara
In our use most two-lobe Roots and Sutorbuilts will last 10,000 hours +. We've had two early failures with Roots blowers, one having an impeller shatter and one having a crankshaft shatter. Pretty reliable part of your cleaning unit if you change the oil and keep the bearings lubed.

Since HydraMaster switched to tri-lobe Tuthills we've had zero problems with them.

I just replaced my 59 Tuthill blower with a roots 59 blower (couldn't locate tuthill) on my chemspec 860 less than 20 hours later shaft shattered (broke just behind coupler, blower spins freely), is this a rare or common occurrence. We had machine shop cut 1/2 inch off shaft to make blower fit in 860, now distributer is saying no warranty because of trimming shaft, although he hasn't presented claim to Roots, This is the first I've seen of someone mentioning a shatter shaft. Anyones experience with similar issues would help.

sevenmacs

Name
Steve McNamara
Just FYI cause of breakage was not blower failure, mounting bracket for motor mount poorly welded and cracked allowing motor to flex and break shaft, all welds re-welded and extra supports put on motor. Anyone with an 860 should check all welds, or even re-weld them, happened at 2100 hrs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom